We miss..

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How good do you think he is? If he was that good there would have been better teams than Reading interested. Far too inconsistent.

At the end of the day he is a good striker at this level at a good age who went for a reported 5m. Inconsistent and frustrating yes, but I think we will do well to find a player who has his qualities. 

Perhaps I should have more faith in our recruitment team? To be fair Borner, Iorfa and Harris have been decent signings. Not spectacular but value for money. 

39 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

We don't miss him but need someone with pace.

João was one of the most infuriating players we've ever had

Because he was so inconsistent and you didn't know what you wold get with him?

At least with Rhodes, Forest away aside, we know exactly what we are going to get!

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How many goals do think he would have scored for us if he had played the same amount of games as Nuhiu?

Trouble was he was another one with a “ low pain threshold “ so he was often unavailable .

Don’t think many questioned his ability 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not answering my question though

I have , I said nobody questions his ability.

It’s a daft question because obviously he would have scored more goals than Nuhiu but he would never be available for as many games as Nuhiu so it’s totally hypothetical.

58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lucas Joao. I believe it was the right decision to sell him financially. But we miss his pace, creativity and imagination up front. We are so stale up front, and we lack spark and unpredictability. I would much rather mark Winnall, Rhodes and Nuhiu than Joao. He had his flaws, but he did bring something to the team which we don’t have anymore. 

Desperate for a player with some quality and skill in attack. And just going forward in general. Harris looks burnt out, Reach isn’t the same player and Bannan can’t do it all. 

Whilst agreeing we miss the attributes you list. We need better than LJ. Just another turn up when it suits type he was, along with others we still have. 

54 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s got 5 goals all season. he has the rare purple patch now and then but is largely ineffective and I don’t miss him strolling around the pitch, we have Dave doing that already 

5 goals is more than any of our strikers (other than Fletch) have scored this season 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lucas Joao. I believe it was the right decision to sell him financially. But we miss his pace, creativity and imagination up front. We are so stale up front, and we lack spark and unpredictability. I would much rather mark Winnall, Rhodes and Nuhiu than Joao. He had his flaws, but he did bring something to the team which we don’t have anymore. 

Desperate for a player with some quality and skill in attack. And just going forward in general. Harris looks burnt out, Reach isn’t the same player and Bannan can’t do it all. 

Yep, said it a few times

Right time and price to sell, but we have zero flair now 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

, Reach isn’t the same player

Keep reading this 

He is the same player

He's always been good 1 game and a waste of space the next 10 

His wonder strikes covered up for the t last season 

The guy is dog5hit 

5 million quid :duntmatter:

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

We've never been the same since we sold Carlton Palmer. 

Get big Dom in midfield, he could be our new Carlton!

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s got 5 goals all season. he has the rare purple patch now and then but is largely ineffective and I don’t miss him strolling around the pitch, we have Dave doing that already 

Actually he has 6 goals and 3 assists, at a similar goals per minutes ratio to Fletcher Been injured for a while I believe