We miss..

Lucas Joao. I believe it was the right decision to sell him financially. But we miss his pace, creativity and imagination up front. We are so stale up front, and we lack spark and unpredictability. I would much rather mark Winnall, Rhodes and Nuhiu than Joao. He had his flaws, but he did bring something to the team which we don’t have anymore. 

Desperate for a player with some quality and skill in attack. And just going forward in general. Harris looks burnt out, Reach isn’t the same player and Bannan can’t do it all. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Joao is benefiting from the old football rule of people thinking he is a better player when he isn't playing anymore.

Not really. He wasn’t necessarily the answer, but he was better than Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu. He offered something all those strikers didn’t. 

Crucial we bring in a striker this window in my opinion.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

4 goals in 6 for a Reading side surging up the table. 

We need to replace him this window. Crying out for some skill and intelligence in attack. 

He’s got 5 goals all season. he has the rare purple patch now and then but is largely ineffective and I don’t miss him strolling around the pitch, we have Dave doing that already 

• Haha 1

What we miss is winning ... or ... at the very least ... a squad who will work really hard towards that end .

We also miss someone in the club who can identify our shortcomings , and sign a few players who meet those needs - rather than a bunch of aging, injury prone, overpaid , under-paced and under-skilled individuals  who continue to look each week as though they have never played together before. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really. He wasn’t necessarily the answer, but he was better than Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu. He offered something all those strikers didn’t. 

Crucial we bring in a striker this window in my opinion.

He would have offered a different and better alternative than those 3 but we couldn't turn the money down. 

Of the 4 of them he would have been the one I wanted to keep but nobody else wants the other 3.

We need to bring in better than Joao. 

Edited by Guest

We have played...

nuhiu n Rhodes v Stoke 

winnall v cardiff

nuhiu n Winnall v Hull. 

Lost all three and created nothing. 

Joao I’m sure would have done better and more of a threat in last few games. Pace can be hard to handle although the abundance of pace he had he didn’t always use it. 

Think was also a case of he wanted to go. 

Doesnt get much at reading as thought he would. 

Maybe Monk  could have got him at his best. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We will do well to do that in my opinion. 

How good do you think he is? If he was that good there would have been better teams than Reading interested. Far too inconsistent.