Angrymad Monk

Id be interested to know how many of our players have ever won a promotion throughout their careers - not many, if any, Im sure.

The one thing a lot of us fans are talking about is weak mentality. Weak minded players dont win championships - they finish mid table or get relegated.

Now lets take a look at this boy, Oliver Norwood, who is currently doing good things in the Premier League with the Piggies over at the Lane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Norwood

He won consecutive promotions with both Brighton and then Fulham, and then United pick him and up with wins a 3rd consecutive promotion for them. 

I have no idea how much Norwood cost the Pigs. But surely he is the sort of player we need to be signing -  a proven winner at this (or any) level.

Monk has had a few months to improve things, some of our players have been here ten times as long and haven't had the desired impact. Monk has got to have the chance to show us what he can do in the transfer market. Having said that, it's a pity we still don't have Bruce in charge of our transfers. Next summer will be crucial when so many players are out of contract which provides a real opportunity to overhaul the squad.

21 hours ago, prowl said:

I've been away for a couple of days with no computer access so that's the fiest time I've seen the video of Monk. There was a lot of emotion that he barely controlled. He must have been kicking things over in that dressing room. There will be a few players reassessing their opinions of Monk and I'm sure he will have a different assessment of the players.

We fans have known this for the last few years,We can play really well but we flatter to deceive. We bottle it, no that's not accurate enough, we lose our drive and don't know how to dig in when we get a game like that, we don't have the steel to grind out results week in week out.

I don't think it can be coached into this group, plenty have tried and failed. I'm not a footballer manager, I can't say what we need exactly but this group doesn't have it. It's going to be a long process to get it sorted. I think Bruce was right, the problem can't be sorted in one window, it's going to take a few.

I'd be tempted to take our EFL punishment this year. I doubt we will get promoted so get a points deduction this year and try to to start rebuilding in the summer. Don't hold your breath because it's going to take a while.

It would have been far more sensible to have taken it last year when it would not have affected us and would have been a lower points deduction than is likely now.

In effect DC has helped ruin this season by not doing so and, if the deduction is held over till next season, it will be hard to whip up enthusiasm starting with a huge minus points total on the board.