Angrymad Monk

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Again Jim. Find it hard to disagree with you and history may well prove you correct. There are however manages like Wilder, Howe, Dyche, Nuno, Klopp that seem to be able to produce top teams in the modern era by recruiting the correct blend of ability, attitude and hunger 

Who says Monk cannot be one of those managers?

7 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

I hope he will be... i hate constantly chopping and changing managers.

I really think he will 

He has a hell of a lot of experience for a young manager 

we need to give him time to sort this shambles out

12 hours ago, Blatter said:

Don’t know if it’s going to be possible but Monk needs to start building a new team around Dawson, Iorfa, Borner , Luongo Bannan and Harris.

I would like to add Fletcher but age is very much against him now.

The rest have repeatedly flattered to deceive at all the important moments in the last 3 seasons.

Nailed my 'keep 7' to a t.  The rest can get tossed out.

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Steve Bruce said it would take 3 transfer windows. Monk hasn't had one. Yet. 

Let's give him a chance. 

Problem is expecting fans to pay sky high prices for this transition period. There's literally no little shining light in our squad, a youngster coming through or a forestieri player who gets us on our feet. It's totally flat. 

8 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Again Jim. Find it hard to disagree with you and history may well prove you correct. There are however manages like Wilder, Howe, Dyche, Nuno, Klopp that seem to be able to produce top teams in the modern era by recruiting the correct blend of ability, attitude and hunger 

Although at least a couple of those - Howe and Nuno also produced promoted teams by having a much larger wage bill than the other teams in the Championship.

Our £35m wage bill is too high, but the likes of Boro, Fulham, Derby, etc are pushing £50m...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I think in the goalkeeping department, defensively and in central midfield we've got the players.

Wingers and strikers are woeful!

Keep Fletcher, keep Harris, bin the rest!

need a decent CM to deputise for Luongo as we have zilch

Hutch, Pelupessy, Lee all need to be moved on

Yep down to the players. Inconsistent with the desire and Passion. From top form to bottom there’s a problem with mentality which I’ve said for a while. 

It's good to see we as supporters are finally seeing the problem isn't the manager, it's the player

The last manager knew this but he went about changing it with kids who weren't ready

The majority of this squad has failed for 4 years, it's time we had a massive clear out

Theres only one outfield player I'd be sorry to see go, and that's Iorfa, I'd keep the young keepers, but I'm not bothered about anyone else

I like Harris in patches, but his end product is awful, I can see why Colin let him go.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He get the players we have to play horrible crap what's he going to do with his own players. No money just loans anyway. Time he took some responsibility too. Hate it when manager's detach themselves from players saying they all the time instead of we. It's pathetic. 

34 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

He get the players we have to play horrible crap what's he going to do with his own players. No money just loans anyway. Time he took some responsibility too. Hate it when manager's detach themselves from players saying they all the time instead of we. It's pathetic. 

We wouldn't be discussing any of this if we'd scraped wins in the last three matches, regardless of the football.

People would be talking about smashing Leeds, the exciting run in and how we could tip West Brom to the title.

21 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Bored of rebuilding, waiting for something that never comes. Boring boring boring. Twenty plus years of false dawns. 

That's exactly how I feel. We have been re-building since the late 1990s when we started struggling in the Premier League.

When we bottled it at Wembley (and arguably again against Huddersfield), we did have the best football since the early 1990s and the basis of a squad to build on in the Premier League. But the people who needed to move on such as Wallace, Hunt, Loovens and Samedo have never been properly replaced and those who were good in 2016 such as Westwood, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Lees now need replacing because they are no longer up to it (either physically or emotionally). A good team with good management does this almost month by month by bringing in home grown youngsters and buying and selling in the transfer market. Our club is not that good at that although you have to recognise some of the players that Stuart G. was involved in bringing to Hillsborough. In some way, we have to recognise that Jos was attempting to do this without spending much money. Of course it's not that simple and motivation and shape are critical in getting the best out of players and its not happening at the moment.

I know we are 7th in the table and some consider that pretty good. But the Sunday and then the New Year's Day performance were some of the worst I have seen since the early 1970s when we were really bad! The performance on the pitch does not inspire any excitement at all or confidence that we are going forward. The goals against us after 90 minutes have lost us 13 points and the three matches over Christmas another 9. Just half of those points would put us one point behind the leaders!

I have said it before but this 20 years, the longest the club has ever been out of the top division, are now making it a challenge as to whether I will live to see them in the top division again.

23 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Monk looks proper pished off doesn’t he?

He was biting his tongue so hard over this set of bottlers that he nearly chopped the bugger off.

I've been away for a couple of days with no computer access so that's the fiest time I've seen the video of Monk. There was a lot of emotion that he barely controlled. He must have been kicking things over in that dressing room. There will be a few players reassessing their opinions of Monk and I'm sure he will have a different assessment of the players.

We fans have known this for the last few years,We can play really well but we flatter to deceive. We bottle it, no that's not accurate enough, we lose our drive and don't know how to dig in when we get a game like that, we don't have the steel to grind out results week in week out.

I don't think it can be coached into this group, plenty have tried and failed. I'm not a footballer manager, I can't say what we need exactly but this group doesn't have it. It's going to be a long process to get it sorted. I think Bruce was right, the problem can't be sorted in one window, it's going to take a few.

I'd be tempted to take our EFL punishment this year. I doubt we will get promoted so get a points deduction this year and try to to start rebuilding in the summer. Don't hold your breath because it's going to take a while.

Break up that dressing room. The majority of the squad have been here far too long and are probably far too comfortable. Ship them out now or in the summer and start again. Keep some of the new ones but the old crowd have had their chance. I get the feeling there are some of these old hands control the club not DC or Monk.