Angrymad Monk

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

Spot on

I've thought far to much about this before 

Managers come n go.

Pick up the pay cheque 

It's really is just a game. 

And far play to them that play it!

Totally agree oxowl... by the way I don’t take any satisfaction at all in posting cynical comments...don’t know your age but I’m 25+vat now so my views have changed from my younger days

i wonder what old fans think who can remember days when players 

got £10 a week... they must just laugh now at the modern game

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Only 1 manager made players do as they were told 

Sir Alex Ferguson

Can see your point and its disgraceful what players do now.

Exactly!! I think the only hope you’ve got is being manager of a top side who win everything and having that fear factor that if you don’t perform you’ll end up winning nowt... but even then I’m not sure a millionaire cries at a lack of trophies 

Perhaps the penny has dropped.

Worth remembering this excellent group of pros pretty much through their mate Bully under the bus when he was auditioning for the top job.

They'll shaft Monk like they have others. 

Today they played like they couldn't be bothered. 

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

I've just had enough pal .

When will we get a break.

God I hate January.

More to life 

Than football

Surely

Help 

Blues brothers on itv 4 

Yesss I see the light

lolthere’ll be some good times again one day I’m sure... that’s half the trouble that love never really goes away...and that hope

Remember the days when Hutch used to put in some full blooded tackles? When he played with intent? When it mattered?

I was talking to one of the players as Hutch passed me to get on the team bus in Portugal after losing a friendly...he looked like he was going to burst with anger...I was about to ask him if he was ok, my mate told me to leave it.

What happened to this Hutch?

3 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Dawson, Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Bannan, Hutchinson, Luongo, Harris and Fletcher are the only players I would keep hold of, Winnall is a question mark.

Fox isn't a bad defender but limited in possession.

Reach is wet, without the worldy he's average at best and could be easily replaced.

Nuhiu is not fit enough to start games, that's why he's now in poor form again. Doesn't compete with CBs and offers no goal threat, waste of a shirt.

Rhodes looked back to the player he was a month ago, slow and disinterested.

Would Westwood coming back in help us settle down, maybe?

Forestieri, who knows.

Murphy looks like he's got zero confidence.

With respect Sarge your post reflects the problem. You’ve named 9 (and a half) players out of 11 that you would keep. The problems lie deeper than that and I’m becoming convinced we need a proper clear out. How or when this could be achieved I don’t honestly know. Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson are stalwarts of a consistently poor performing squad. Fletcher is class but not getting any younger. 

1 hour ago, Jim Wonk said:

It doesn’t matter how much he fumes...players care less about the manager and what he thinks than the fans (or equally as less)

they will try when they want to try

and probably get some results in that time. We can gnash our teeth and stomp around all we want.

feel a little for the modern day manager having to make extremely wealthy footballers have any shame/guilt 

I couldn’t more agree in principle. The money in the game is killing it not feeding it. But there are players and teams showing much more than we are atm despite the money & the celebrity. Just have to look dem blades. 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Steve Bruce said it would take 3 transfer windows. Monk hasn't had one. Yet. 

Let's give him a chance. 

Completely agree.

The man needs a chance to bring his own players and make a proper mark on this club.

As it is, you are asking to get promotion with a group of players who've failed previously. 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

With respect Sarge your post reflects the problem. You’ve named 9 (and a half) players out of 11 that you would keep. The problems lie deeper than that and I’m becoming convinced we need a proper clear out. How or when this could be achieved I don’t honestly know. Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson are stalwarts of a consistently poor performing squad. Fletcher is class but not getting any younger. 

Wouldnt stop any of the players we have now leaving it a suitable bid came in. Not just a reaction to todays game or even the last 3, just think we need a big change and to find a style of play and identity. Dont have that at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I couldn’t more agree in principle. The money in the game is killing it not feeding it. But there are players and teams showing much more than we are atm despite the money & the celebrity. Just have to look dem blades. 

Yep they are a perfect example of how it can work(at the moment.)

I can look at it objectively and the job the management team over there are doing at the moment is miraculous...making a silk purse out of a sows ear... it will level off though and players will get precious when bad days come and old Mardiola will have to upset people...he‘ll be the one to go not them...and players can click their fingers and make it happen.

14 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Wouldnt stop any of the players we have now leaving it a suitable bid came in. Not just a reaction to todays game or even the last 3, just think we need a big change and to find a style of play and identity. Dont have that at the moment. 

Yes I think the whole identity thing is a good point. Watching Wednesday at the moment you don’t really get that.

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Completely agree.

The man needs a chance to bring his own players and make a proper mark on this club.

As it is, you are asking to get promotion with a group of players who've failed previously. 

Yes, this is my view too. Some on here saying he needs to go or is on borrowed time. Utterly ridiculous imo. He had no pre season, hasn't got his own coaching staff and is yet to sell or sign a single player. In truth he's worked wonders to get us to 3rd place at the half way point of the season. I'm happy to give him this and the summer window and see where we are next Christmas. 

53 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

lolthere’ll be some good times again one day I’m sure... that’s half the trouble that love never really goes away...and that hope

it's the hope that kills you................................................................................

I reckon Monk has stepped the mark up in training etc building it up towards Xmas n they’ve all seen their arses about it. 
like someone said - how many managers have this lot got rid of? It’s a joke - it’s not like they’re bloody Chelsea or Arsenal players is it ????

26 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Yes, this is my view too. Some on here saying he needs to go or is on borrowed time. Utterly ridiculous imo. He had no pre season, hasn't got his own coaching staff and is yet to sell or sign a single player. In truth he's worked wonders to get us to 3rd place at the half way point of the season. I'm happy to give him this and the summer window and see where we are next Christmas. 

Edited by PriceAPP
Comment

35 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

Yep they are a perfect example of how it can work(at the moment.)

I can look at it objectively and the job the management team over there are doing at the moment is miraculous...making a silk purse out of a sows ear... it will level off though and players will get precious when bad days come and old Mardiola will have to upset people...he‘ll be the one to go not them...and players can click their fingers and make it happen.

Again Jim. Find it hard to disagree with you and history may well prove you correct. There are however manages like Wilder, Howe, Dyche, Nuno, Klopp that seem to be able to produce top teams in the modern era by recruiting the correct blend of ability, attitude and hunger 

• Thanks 1