Angrymad Monk

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Who in the squad has been unfairly frozen out? He's given just about everybody a fair chance to stake a claim. For sure some options may be better than others, but I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't tried different things.

It seems a lot of people are pinning their hopes on us being active in the transfer window to rescue the situation. But we are in a dire financial position with little prospect of funds being generated by player sales. I'd be surprised if too much happened.

I’m not saying anyone’s been frozen out. What I’m saying is it’s the same old same old every time. 
We played Stoke who have big Centre half’s and we lump it up. Really? 

We play Cardiff with Flint and then also Bamba. We lump it up. Really? 
All I’m saying is try something different. Lee has lost pace but older players adapt their style. Perhaps he can. Try it. 
Try someone with pace through the middle running at Shawcross or Flint? 
We just lump it, lump it lump it. 
Bannan and Hutch in a two man midfield. Why? Should that be our four Centre halves. 
Same old same old and it’s getting worse game by game. 

• Like 1

Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Reach, Nuhui, Winnall, Rhodes and Forestieri can all go for me. They have had their chance here and now need to be moved on. None of them justify their wages.

Palmer and Fox should be backup full backs, we need some top notch upgrades here.

A full squad refresh required. Sick of being let down by the same players. This festive period has confirmed what i already knew. 

Monk has a big job on his hands. 

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Get Tony Toms in - he’d have them training over Stanage for the next week.

Even at his age I bet he still has more fight and fitness in him than the whole flipping' team!

A midfield 2 of BB and SH is struggling to have an impact on the game and is being bypassed with long balls down the channel to strikers not suited to running the channels. 

Bannan is always looking for the Hollywood pass out wide as there are no runners from midfield and no pace up top. 

We need 3 back in the middle whether that’s 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 which is surely worth a shot?

The last 3 games have absolutely made my eyes bleed and resembled something from an FA cup game on an allotment of a pitch in mid January. Grim beyond belief.

Only Iorfa scores above 7 today. 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Is there any coming back as a slacking player when you’ve been found out by both the fans AND manager?

I think Monk has to make a statement, has to sacrifice one of our supposed big names, to regain the squad’s attention. It has to be done! 

Jos tried that 

lol

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still really undecided about Monk. 

Same.

His football is dire but until the last 3 games, the results were decent enough to paper over the cracks.

Never been automatically promoted as manager though, or even made the playoffs.  That probably isn’t going to change at Wednesday unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Only an observation but he has been sat pondering on the bench rather than on the sidelines. Almost like he realises it's like talking to yourself. 

Hull fans sang it was just like Wembley and it was, lacking the energy, pace and power today as we did that day. 

Frankly watching us is boring, it is too slow and predictable. Bannan is left to do everything in the midfield and harsh as it sounds he is part of the problem. However he needs players in front of him that he can feed with either a short ball to feet or one for them to chase

The bit in bold is the ironic bit. Must have been 4 or 5 times today where Bannan and Hutch were passing between themselves just in front of our box. Only for them to then look up searching for someone to pass to in the middle of the park where they were both supposed to be. 

The Hollywood balls from both of them today were because they were not actually in midfield to be passed to and in turn pass to the forwards. You cant have a deep lying playmaker in the same midfield as a deep lying defensive midfielder. By doing that We just force ourselves into stupid long ball football and leave the forwards to either come deep or be isolated from play. 

As good as he is, Bannans play style is hard to accomadate and its at times a big part of the issues we have. Its likely the reason why hes not playing international football too. 

Nobody in this team is irreplacable and we should not fear selling any one of them. We need a freshen up big time. 

Edited by OwlinOldham
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He is fuming. Good

It doesn’t matter how much he fumes...players care less about the manager and what he thinks than the fans (or equally as less)

they will try when they want to try

and probably get some results in that time. We can gnash our teeth and stomp around all we want.

feel a little for the modern day manager having to make extremely wealthy footballers have any shame/guilt 

20 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

It doesn’t matter how much he fumes...players care less about the manager and what he thinks than the fans (or equally as less)

they will try when they want to try

and probably get some results in that time. We can gnash our teeth and stomp around all we want.

feel a little for the modern day manager having to make extremely wealthy footballers have any shame/guilt 

Spot on

I've thought far to much about this before 

Managers come n go.

Pick up the pay cheque 

It's really is just a game. 

And far play to them that play it!