Angrymad Monk

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

And who will be the first player to stand up and be counted saying we’ve been crap, its not good enough, we must do more, and look like he means it?

My money is on Bannan

Yes because he’ll play to the crowd. A bit like his meaningless runs all around the field, his pirouettes in midfield, his shouting players out. Its a dead ball, let me take it. Hands on head or hands in the air. Same result out for a goal kick or doesn’t beat the first man. 
Think he needs to move on as well. 
Won’t be popular but hey ho. 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Dawson, Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Bannan, Hutchinson, Luongo, Harris and Fletcher are the only players I would keep hold of, Winnall is a question mark.

Fox isn't a bad defender but limited in possession.

Reach is wet, without the worldy he's average at best and could be easily replaced.

Nuhiu is not fit enough to start games, that's why he's now in poor form again. Doesn't compete with CBs and offers no goal threat, waste of a shirt.

Rhodes looked back to the player he was a month ago, slow and disinterested.

Would Westwood coming back in help us settle down, maybe?

Forestieri, who knows.

Murphy looks like he's got zero confidence.

Lees and Hutchinson can both go.

You cannot blame Monk whilever he is working with other people’s players 

also we don’t know what is going on with players like Westwood and Forestieri? He has intimated that it’s them that are calling the shots regarding their injuries 

Monk is no mug and has seen it all as a player and Manager 

We need to back him even if this season is a write off 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Yes because he’ll play to the crowd. A bit like his meaningless runs all around the field, his pirouettes in midfield, his shouting players out. Its a dead ball, let me take it. Hands on head or hands in the air. Same result out for a goal kick or doesn’t beat the first man. 
Think he needs to move on as well. 
Won’t be popular but hey ho. 

I'm not on my own then ...

• Like 1

This squad couldn’t get promoted over the last 4 years. Good response from initial work GM has done but from this video, it is clear Monk knows most are not good enough. 

We won’t get it all complete in January but I hope we see some players off loaded and hopefully bring in players with the right mentality. 

said it before and I’ll say it again. Play-off hangover needs to do one for the benefit of everyone associated with the club. I genuinely believe (if he has the tools available) Monk can help us re-build. 

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I'm sure Monk knows the job he's got and getting shut of the dead wood was always on the cards. 

I'm sure he does, he's had little choice but to talk them up in the meantime and endeavour to get the best out of them. 

Only an observation but he has been sat pondering on the bench rather than on the sidelines. Almost like he realises it's like talking to yourself. 

Hull fans sang it was just like Wembley and it was, lacking the energy, pace and power today as we did that day. 

Frankly watching us is boring, it is too slow and predictable. Bannan is left to do everything in the midfield and harsh as it sounds he is part of the problem. However he needs players in front of him that he can feed with either a short ball to feet or one for them to chase

28 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

But Monk started Nuhiu and Winnall up front. Monk started Reach. He brought Murphy on. Leaves Lee on the bench.He’s seen the last two games, and countless before that and still goes with the same dross. Why not try something different. Why not get out of your chair and lambast the players. It’s cosy all round. Players and manager.

fear K. Lee is done you know

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Perhaps if he got some proper game we might know. Can’t be worse than what we are seeing. There’s no thought process. Everything’s just lump lump lump. At least he plays football on the ground, passing and moving and finding space.  

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Me too but if that's the case then don't bother putting him on the bench. After the Cardiff game where the tactics didn't work when chasing the game we might as well have given Lee a chance to do something other than the predictable and easy to defend against approach that we adopted without success again. 

2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Perhaps if he got some proper game we might know. Can’t be worse than what we are seeing. There’s no thought process. Everything’s just lump lump lump. At least he plays football on the ground, passing and moving and finding space.  

100% agree. 

Hutch would never start for me in CM again after this xmas period. Yes maybe CB instead of Lees

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

But Monk started Nuhiu and Winnall up front. Monk started Reach. He brought Murphy on. Leaves Lee on the bench.He’s seen the last two games, and countless before that and still goes with the same dross. Why not try something different. Why not get out of your chair and lambast the players. It’s cosy all round. Players and manager.

Who in the squad has been unfairly frozen out? He's given just about everybody a fair chance to stake a claim. For sure some options may be better than others, but I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't tried different things.

It seems a lot of people are pinning their hopes on us being active in the transfer window to rescue the situation. But we are in a dire financial position with little prospect of funds being generated by player sales. I'd be surprised if too much happened.

Since K Lee has come back hes looked like that ornament that the wife has broke and every super strength glue you try doesnt work except that last one you used.... but every time you pick it up you dread it's going to part in your hands ..

It's too fragile to touch ...

It's got to go right at the back of the cabinet.. 

In football terms that's Salford FC .....

1 hour ago, Animis said:

He looks like most of the faces leaving Hillsborough after the game today - he knows the character and resolve of the players isn't there. I suspect he's worried that this could be the norm rather than a blip.

Agreed 

He’s always talked about clever players that ‘get it’ - that they’re the footballers he wants.

Dont think there are many of them ...

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Since K Lee has come back hes looked like that ornament that the wife has broke and every super strength glue you try doesnt work except that last one you used.... but every time you pick it up you dread it's going to part in your hands ..

It's too fragile to touch ...

It's got to go right at the back of the cabinet.. 

In football terms that's Salford FC .....

Ay up Al...

lol

• Haha 1