Angrymad Monk

Don’t know if it’s going to be possible but Monk needs to start building a new team around Dawson, Iorfa, Borner , Luongo Bannan and Harris.

I would like to add Fletcher but age is very much against him now.

The rest have repeatedly flattered to deceive at all the important moments in the last 3 seasons.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair assessment from Monk. It's good in a way that has seen first hand the failings of this squad at the beginning of this window. 

Hopefully, he's now looking to do more business, than we may otherwise have done this window, or at the very least has a plan to release/try to move on the majority in the summer. 

That’s a disturbing thought, that he might have only just noticed 

9 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

It’ll be the players that cost Monk the job - unfortunate that he has inherited a squad who have failed over the last 4/5 seasons. 

It’s going to take a good 3/4 transfer windows to sort this mess out - worrying thing is will Chansiri be patient or sack Monk and also have we got that much time with EFL repercussions 

Think the bigger worry is how the fans react. I have no doubt from what we have witnessed so far Chansiri will be loyal to GM. However we have some very fickle fans. As Snooty reminded us yesterday, Bruce saw rebuilding as a long term protect so it is no different now. Garry Monk deserves 3 transfer windows to start putting right the poor decisions if the last 3/4 years

He has witnessed the complacency, lack of desire, hunger and ambition that we have had to put up with over the last few years. 

This is what happens when you keep an ageing squad that have failed to deliver despite coming close. Unfortunately for Garry, DC has neither the will nor the ability to do what needs to be done for us to become successful.

Edited by Fuzzy logics

The same people blaming Monk are also well aware that he's working with a mostly stale squad. 

If you were pleasantly surprised Monk got us to 3rd, you can't also be surprised when the players return to their usual form. 

Let’s be fair we’ve been playing shiiite for a while now. I think back to the Bristol match before Christmas and although we won how turgid it was

This division is pretty much made up of 22 equally shiite teams, with Leeds and West Brom being an exception. That’s why the quality is so poor and most games are so tight 

I don’t think much of the blame can land at Monks door. He’s stuck with a group of players who have proven time and time again they’re not good enough, with questionable attitudes and lack of desire 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I've been struggling to Express how it feels being a Wednesdayite, I think you've just summed it up perfectly. 

Bored. 

What have we achieved since almost going out of business? A failed Playoff final and a inept performance in the playoffs the following year. Bored now! 

Guest wilyfox

Should be more than angry. Should be slapping the players with fines after three defeats and pathetic performances in a week. 

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

What have we achieved since almost going out of business? A failed Playoff final and a inept performance in the playoffs the following year. Bored now! 

Proffered it when we didn't have a pot to wee wee in, we had a laugh, we had very limited players but players who had heart and fight.

Now we have players strolling around every week just happy to take home £30-40k.

Hillsborough is crap, even the away days aren't what they were.

Everything's changed and not for the better. 

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A manager lives or dies by his players.

In a weird way, this awful run might just have come at the best possible time - with the January transfer window opening today, it might put paid to the notion that we can achieve anything significant this season without some serious wheeling and dealing in the coming weeks.

Hopefully it's lit a fire under Monk to make him want some of his own men in that dressing room.

I'm sure Monk knows the job he's got and getting shut of the dead wood was always on the cards. 

But Monk started Nuhiu and Winnall up front. Monk started Reach. He brought Murphy on. Leaves Lee on the bench.He’s seen the last two games, and countless before that and still goes with the same dross. Why not try something different. Why not get out of your chair and lambast the players. It’s cosy all round. Players and manager.

• Like 1

Dawson, Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Bannan, Hutchinson, Luongo, Harris and Fletcher are the only players I would keep hold of, Winnall is a question mark.

Fox isn't a bad defender but limited in possession.

Reach is wet, without the worldy he's average at best and could be easily replaced.

Nuhiu is not fit enough to start games, that's why he's now in poor form again. Doesn't compete with CBs and offers no goal threat, waste of a shirt.

Rhodes looked back to the player he was a month ago, slow and disinterested.

Would Westwood coming back in help us settle down, maybe?

Forestieri, who knows.

Murphy looks like he's got zero confidence.