Angrymad Monk

So many points thrown away this season has left the players, manager and fans deflated. You’ve got to wonder whether monk feels the players have the right mentality to be winners. I have no doubt Bannan has - he’s no choker but I feel we need more winners and leaders in this side.

Is there any coming back as a slacking player when you’ve been found out by both the fans AND manager?

I think Monk has to make a statement, has to sacrifice one of our supposed big names, to regain the squad’s attention. It has to be done! 

Edited by theowlsman

A manager lives or dies by his players.

In a weird way, this awful run might just have come at the best possible time - with the January transfer window opening today, it might put paid to the notion that we can achieve anything significant this season without some serious wheeling and dealing in the coming weeks.

Hopefully it's lit a fire under Monk to make him want some of his own men in that dressing room.

He needs to ship out all the bottlers, and the ones with the wrong mentality, starting with Reach. He should be contacting every agent out there to see how much we can get for him this January.

Also send Murphy back to Newcastle with a steaming turd in his pocket for old cabbage head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’ll be the players that cost Monk the job - unfortunate that he has inherited a squad who have failed over the last 4/5 seasons. 

It’s going to take a good 3/4 transfer windows to sort this mess out - worrying thing is will Chansiri be patient or sack Monk and also have we got that much time with EFL repercussions 

The bulk of this squad would get any manager sacked, he shouldn't be surprised by that.

Here's the thing I don't understand. Every player at this level will certainly will have an off day, a game where nothing comes off, I totally accept that. What I can't fathom and refuse to accept is a lack of effort, it's unforgivable.

Plenty of those players have just given us three games on the bounce with the kind of attitude that needs to be shown the door, end of.

This league demands certain attributes. You don't need the very best players, you can get promoted with good players with the best attitudes and character.  

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S63 Owl said:

It’ll be the players that cost Monk the job - unfortunate that he has inherited a squad who have failed over the last 4/5 seasons. 

It’s going to take a good 3/4 transfer windows to sort this mess out - worrying thing is will Chansiri be patient or sack Monk and also have we got that much time with EFL repercussions 

I'd say Chansiri has been too patient with his managers, if anything.

As long as Monk keeps us away from the bottom third of the table until such time as we can spend enough to realistically challenge at the top of the league, I'd expect Chansiri to stick with him.

Fair assessment from Monk. It's good in a way that has seen first hand the failings of this squad at the beginning of this window. 

Hopefully, he's now looking to do more business, than we may otherwise have done this window, or at the very least has a plan to release/try to move on the majority in the summer.