Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Strange that in a team that seems to lack commitment and determination, he isn’t standing out. In fact far from it, he looks poor. I think his time has come and gone. Sad to see really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when I said all this about him earlier in the season and I got negged to death. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I'd see it but for the first time ever I thought he looked disinterested today.  Mind you be wasn't the only one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I see Sam Hutchinson in midfield at 2pm when the team is announced, it makes me want to go home.

 

He has never been a midfielder, he peaked in that position 4 years. It hinders us hugely when we play a 4-4-2 with Hutch playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's a defender. 

 

Pure and simple.

 

Even he says so. 

 

Luongo needs to play in that position whenever possible. 

Try him in a back three with Iorfa and Borner. Giving Iorfa the licence to maraude forwards. Or as I've said before stick Iorfa as holding mid and Hutch with Borner. We need a midfield destroyer to strike fear into the opposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hutchinson plays so deep he’s leaving Bannan to do 75% of the midfield work. He doesn’t have the physicality to do that week in week out.

We have nobody running at goal through the middle from deep lying positions and not enough men in the box where it counts.

Repeatedly hoofing the ball up to Fletcher Nuhiu and Winnall has not worked for the last 3 games but we persist with it.

I know Luongo is injured but I thought the last 20 minutes was crying out for some late runs into the box from Kieron Lee.

Until Luongo is fit  surely Lee really ought to be given a chance to drag the midfield nearer the opponents goal late in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not even that good at CB we have tried that many times before... Out of contract in the summer is he? He's another one who should be replaced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When I see Sam Hutchinson in midfield at 2pm when the team is announced, it makes me want to go home.

 

He has never been a midfielder, he peaked in that position 4 years. It hinders us hugely when we play a 4-4-2 with Hutch playing. 

 

He is either a defender or a genuine defensive midfielder. Playing in a two alongside Bannan is pointless as he offers nothing at all in the opposition half. He might still be useful in midfield if we played a midfield 3, I wouldn't pick him ahead of our CB options at the moment. He played as a right-back for a time earlier in his career, might be an option given that Moses is suspect defensively and Palmer has been better at left-back than right-back for the past 12 months.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

He is either a defender or a genuine defensive midfielder. Playing in a two alongside Bannan is pointless as he offers nothing at all in the opposition half. He might still be useful in midfield if we played a midfield 3, I wouldn't pick him ahead of our CB options at the moment. He played as a right-back for a time earlier in his career, might be an option given that Moses is suspect defensively and Palmer has been better at left-back than right-back for the past 12 months.


I agree - in a 3 he has a position in the team, in a 2 like most of them it’s a struggle 

 

I’m still convinced 3 in midfield is our best way to go 

 

Whether it be with a back 4 or a back 3 and wing backs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was poor today but I think people are quick to forget the good performances from him. We were crying out for him on Boxing Day at Stoke.

 

Doesnt suit 4-4-2 at home though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor. Another one that needs showing the door at the end of the season. No room for sentiment, a lot of these players seem to have the mindset that they’re indispensable to the club. They’re holding us back

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk has used 442 a lot.

He played it for a full season at Birmingham.

I am absolutely certain he didn’t tell Hutch to play as deep as he played today.

You just cannot play with only two midfielders if one plays as deep as Hutch played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

He was poor today but I think people are quick to forget the good performances from him. We were crying out for him on Boxing Day at Stoke.

 

Doesnt suit 4-4-2 at home though.

 

He came on at Stoke with over half an hour left, he didn't stop us sitting back in our own half and capitulating. 

 

I agree with you though, he can still be of use in a midfield 3 but his game is simply not suited to playing in a midfield 2 for a team that need to get on the front foot in the opposing half of the field. 

 

Monk should have tried Lee as a substitute in at least one of the last 2 games, we were two predictable and easy to defend against in both games when trying to chase it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...