Sam Hutchinson

50 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's a defender. 

Pure and simple.

Even he says so. 

Luongo needs to play in that position whenever possible. 

Try him in a back three with Iorfa and Borner. Giving Iorfa the licence to maraude forwards. Or as I've said before stick Iorfa as holding mid and Hutch with Borner. We need a midfield destroyer to strike fear into the opposition.

Hutchinson plays so deep he’s leaving Bannan to do 75% of the midfield work. He doesn’t have the physicality to do that week in week out.

We have nobody running at goal through the middle from deep lying positions and not enough men in the box where it counts.

Repeatedly hoofing the ball up to Fletcher Nuhiu and Winnall has not worked for the last 3 games but we persist with it.

I know Luongo is injured but I thought the last 20 minutes was crying out for some late runs into the box from Kieron Lee.

Until Luongo is fit  surely Lee really ought to be given a chance to drag the midfield nearer the opponents goal late in the game.

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When I see Sam Hutchinson in midfield at 2pm when the team is announced, it makes me want to go home.

He has never been a midfielder, he peaked in that position 4 years. It hinders us hugely when we play a 4-4-2 with Hutch playing. 

He is either a defender or a genuine defensive midfielder. Playing in a two alongside Bannan is pointless as he offers nothing at all in the opposition half. He might still be useful in midfield if we played a midfield 3, I wouldn't pick him ahead of our CB options at the moment. He played as a right-back for a time earlier in his career, might be an option given that Moses is suspect defensively and Palmer has been better at left-back than right-back for the past 12 months.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He is either a defender or a genuine defensive midfielder. Playing in a two alongside Bannan is pointless as he offers nothing at all in the opposition half. He might still be useful in midfield if we played a midfield 3, I wouldn't pick him ahead of our CB options at the moment. He played as a right-back for a time earlier in his career, might be an option given that Moses is suspect defensively and Palmer has been better at left-back than right-back for the past 12 months.

I agree - in a 3 he has a position in the team, in a 2 like most of them it’s a struggle 

I’m still convinced 3 in midfield is our best way to go 

Whether it be with a back 4 or a back 3 and wing backs 

Monk has used 442 a lot.

He played it for a full season at Birmingham.

I am absolutely certain he didn’t tell Hutch to play as deep as he played today.

You just cannot play with only two midfielders if one plays as deep as Hutch played.