Throw ins.

Why can’t we do them. 

Pathetic. 

No movement. 

Statues. 

No long throws in box anymore either. 

Even when simple throw when in space we launch it waist height to them so have to bring it down before get challenged. 

Been same for years 

10 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Why can’t we do them. 

Pathetic. 

No movement. 

Statues. 

No long throws in box anymore either. 

Even when simple throw when in space we launch it waist height to them so have to bring it down before get challenged. 

Been same for years 

Full backs take most throw ins.

We've had awful, indecisive full backs for years.

We've also had a load of strikers and other players who don't know what movement means for years.

Co-incidence? I dont think so.

If anything, our quality of throw-ins is the perfect summary for exactly what is wrong with this whole set up.

There was a funny bit today at the South Stand Kop corner, Reach and, I think Winnall (I might be wrong), were stood stock still. There was a bit of grumbling from the crowd*, then they both made a little dash but moved into the same place, bumped into each other, then were still marked. Another 10 second wait, and the throw in was taken, the Hull defender got a foot in and won the throw 5 yards up the pitch. 

We are hopeless at throw ins. At times it's like watching kids football, but you live in hope that, as professional footballers, they might have an idea what they're doing. Even if it's tight for space, just control the ball, protect it, look for another pass and move on. Instead I just think 'Just hurl it down the line as far as you can.' 

*MOVE! EFFING MOVE! WANT THE BALL!

Controversial... but I bloody love long throws.

We used to be damn good at them too. 

I know Reda could fair wazz them... and Antonio... who else was it we had doing them for a while?  I bet Joey could do them, he's got fair guns on him.

Generally on throw ins, we could do a LOT worse than get that coach in that Liverpool got in.

15 hours ago, Paul G Wisbech Owl said:

Like it when we have an attacking throw near the opposition penalty area and three passes later it is back with our keeper.

Makes my blood boil this. I sit in the north near the edge of the lep penalty area and the number of times we have a throw in front of us that goes backwards then all the way across the back 4 or to the keeper is unbelievable. Given the lack of options/movement it's the easy way out but even the basic Sunday league tactic of throwing it down the line and making 10 or 15 yards progress would be a bit more positive. It's like the first thought is always backwards. All part of this keeping possession at all costs rather than trying to score bowlocks that's all the rage at the moment.