Can't get excited anymore.

Guest The Horse

I've always backed DC but he's made some catastrophic errors and our very existence as a club could even be at stake, we've been in the mire before knowing that investment would sort us out, we now need miracles. I'm pleased I started following the club in 1980 as at least I've seen some good times, the future currently looks very bleak.

I might get berated here - but that first season under Carlos the football we played at times, was the best since the early 90’s , how we didn’t build beyond that season is beyond me, even after the loss at Wembley I was so confident we would go up the following season.

How wrong I was!!!

I think a lot of fans apathy goes a lot deeper than Monk, players picked or whether we win, lose or draw. 

We were third in the league and still I just wasn’t all that bothered.

I don’t believe in this club at the minute. Even when we win it’s a bit flat sounding at games in terms of atmosphere. We all know there’s another poo storm round the corner with off the field chaos. 

Its jus not enjoyable going to Hillsborough and tbh it hasn’t been for a long while now. And it’s because of how DC has run us.

We got a taste of what could be in 2016 and, whilst other teams build year on year from their first play off failure, we’ve regressed. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

I might get berated here - but that first season under Carlos the football we played at times, was the best since the early 90’s , how we didn’t build beyond that season is beyond me, even after the loss at Wembley I was so confident we would go up the following season.

How wrong I was!!!

For me DC's biggest error was the purchases that close season, three key players could have transformed us, instead we bought players we didn't need and if my memory serves me well started the season with only one fit CB, its been downhill from there.

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Totally disagree.

The club have created a demographic of prepaid apathetic fans. We are an elderly season ticket club now, with fans going through the motions until they decide enough is enough, and stop stumping up £600 quid every year.

We have killed POTG.

We have killed future generations.

We do nothing to attract the younger generation.

We have taken a massive wrong turn. We need to stop going down this path and reverse quickly.  If not progressive clubs like the scrubbers will get get further in front. We should be in front of them not the other way round.

Sad but true. We need to wake up. 

Agree with all this but you forgot to put that the club is literally dying on it's arse.

People also need to get a grip and get off Monk's back.

He's worked a minor miracle with 4 manager's players, two of who (Carlos the fraud and Dross) weren't even proper mangers who brought garbage in. I'm not even convinced about most of Cabbage head's signings. Yet Monk still got a tune out of that lot, give the man some credit. I look forward to seeing him rip it all up and starting again.

Edited by Steelman

My dad's default position was we will always do bad and anything else is a bonus!

When I was younger I used to think how can he be so negative and still love this club.

He passed away 18 months ago aged 87.  Now I am older I feel like I am getting to be the same.

What a dire and sad situation for an ardent supporter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mus said:

My dad's default position was we will always do bad and anything else is a bonus!

When I was younger I used to think how can he be so negative and still love this club.

He passed away 18 months ago aged 87.  Now I am older I feel like I am getting to be the same.

What a dire and sad situation for an ardent supporter.

I have a similar feeling of pessimism towards Wednesday which my in-laws have picked up on to the point that when we are winning by one or two goals they will message to say they expect I still think we’ll lose, and I do because it’s Wednesday. 

Some folk on here say they can’t be bothered with being in the PL, personally I feel life is too short and I want to see the owls be successful as much as possible before I depart. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Agree with all this but you forgot to put that the club is literally dying on it's arse.

People also need to get a grip and get off Monk's back.

He's worked a minor miracle with 4 manager's players, two of who (Carlos the fraud and Dross) weren't even proper mangers who brought garbage in. I'm not even convinced about most of Cabbage head's signings. Yet Monk still got a tune out of that lot, give the man some credit. I look forward to seeing him rip it all up and starting again.

Monk is the least of our worries.

The shower that call themselves highly paid professional players still might cost him his job though.

That's why it's imperative some of them are moved on, and replacements come in.

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I wasn't going to go today after the Cardiff disgrace, but forced myself to go and wish I hadn't. Driving to the game I feared it would be more of the same. And it was. 

I didn't go because I suspected the same after the last game, I was hoping they'd prove me wrong! It just seems the last few we've got a bit sluggish

59 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I have a similar feeling of pessimism towards Wednesday which my in-laws have picked up on to the point that when we are winning by one or two goals they will message to say they expect I still think we’ll lose, and I do because it’s Wednesday. 

Some folk on here say they can’t be bothered with being in the PL, personally I feel life is too short and I want to see the owls be successful as much as possible before I depart. 

What I’d give to have the same future as a club like wolves now. Amazing as a couple of seasons ago I remember Carlos’ side won at wolves and we seemed a long way ahead of them at the time. Think it was lambert’s first game in charge for them.  

In my opinion we desperately need the EFL mess to be sorted, then hope someone sees us as a good club to buy. Otherwise I can’t see a bright future for a long time 

I have total respect for those Wednesdayites who keep going week after week. Especially those who follow the team away in huge numbers. I admit i'm no longer one of these supporters and it will take an awful lot for me to become one again. As a footnote, I started going in the 70s but even though they were dark dark days, they were still much more enjoyable than now.

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I applaud what Brentford are doing but they are no nearer to promotion to the top flight than we are.

They are 3rd with a much healthier bank balance than us and far more profitable players on their squad. Plus they are FAR more entertaining to watch.

Like I said in my initial post, getting to the PL won’t fix our problems, I just want a well run club.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Monk is the least of our worries.

The shower that call themselves highly paid professional players still might cost him his job though.

That's why it's imperative some of them are moved on, and replacements come in.

They might consider themselves professionals, but they have shown themselves to be absolute amateurs in the last three games in particular, and several more games this season besides.

To describe a professional in any sport as amateurish should be the greatest insult possible, but I doubt if many of them are really bothered by the description so long as they get paid they  still consider themselves to be professionals.

Guest Kameron

It wonder if it’s due to the fact Monk is serving up an almost identical recipe to Joss.

GM 
Won 8, Drawn 6, Lost 7 

Joss 1st season 
Won 7, Drawn 6, Lost 7 

Same old abysmal sh it e.

We lose  - Everyone has a moan - we are the worst team going, we can't do anything right

We sell out the next league away game and they'll be still 23k there against Blackburn

We win  - everyone seems happier, promotion push in sight

We will sell out the following away game and there will be 23k for the next home match

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

For me DC's biggest error was the purchases that close season, three key players could have transformed us, instead we bought players we didn't need and if my memory serves me well started the season with only one fit CB, its been downhill from there.

The problem was, instead of building a team to compete in the premier league with an extra £200m of funds, we had to throw more money at trying to get promoted which we later found out would cause us P&S  problems. As you say, the recruitment was poor but losing at Wembley was catastrophic. The only consolation is that if we had gone up, we would probably have wasted all the PL money and would be in an even bigger mess than we are now. 

2 hours ago, modboy said:

With a new modern stadium https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/stadium

Know it's too small for us however ours is too big and ancient as it stands. No hot water in the bogs is scandalous in 2020

In the bogs in the North there’s a sign saying “Caution Hot Water”. It’s over a bowl with one tap - a cold one. Teasing barstewards. 

• Haha 1