Wednesday - Hull OMDT & 2019 review

10 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Outstanding persiflage milord. New Year, new dawn. Another injection of Monkspunk into the squad, and we're all set for the promotion revival. 

I'll take nowt less than a 6 - 0 mullering of Hull tomorrow, to settle mi angst. 

Fletch, Harris, Rhodes and a Reach hat trick to put us back on track. 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!! 

Monkspunk lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, Snoots!

Have you ever thought of writing the screenplay for a new film version of "The Brothers Karamazov"?:laugh:

I had to have several breaks just reading your OMDT - God knows how you sustained the energy and have the factual recall to write it. The power of Johnny Walker, I reckon:biggrin:

Not overly optimistic today, all depends on whether Fletcher is back and fit. 

Personally, I think the league could have done without Sunday's fixtures. Today's spectacle features  two knackered teams playing their 4th game in 12 days or so. Is it really good value for money to pay to watch a diminished product, rotated teams or acceptable good planning by the EFL?....and then wonder why the FA Cup is becoming irrelevant with fixtures taking place 3 days later on Saturday featuring i suspect largely reserve teams.

From our point of view, often when we make changes to our competitive starting 11  quality falls of a cliff and we struggle. 

I could see this one being a bore draw, at least it would stop the mini rot, but as ever hopeful of a win. 1-0 to Wednesday.

Roll on the transfer window business to bring in reinforcements.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Matchday wouldn't be the same without owd snooty... thanks for all your hard work.

Happy new year to all owlstalkers!

Was going to write the same.

Thank you Snoots.

Please not Hutch and Bannan tho'. Fed up of watching us camped on the edge of our 18 yard line.

We have a poor record against Hull. We've only beaten them 3 times in 18 stretching back to 2005. 

We've also not beaten them at home for 5 games since 2007 when Jeffers scored his first goal. In fact that 2007 win is our only home win against Hull since 1990. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Not overly optimistic today, all depends on whether Fletcher is back and fit. 

Personally, I think the league could have done without Sunday's fixtures. Today's spectacle features  two knackered teams playing their 4th game in 12 days or so. Is it really good value for money to pay to watch a diminished product, rotated teams or acceptable good planning by the EFL?....and then wonder why the FA Cup is becoming irrelevant with fixtures taking place 3 days later on Saturday featuring i suspect largely reserve teams.

From our point of view, often when we make changes to our competitive starting 11  quality falls of a cliff and we struggle. 

I could see this one being a bore draw, at least it would stop the mini rot, but as ever hopeful of a win. 1-0 to Wednesday.

Roll on the transfer window business to bring in reinforcements.

Whoop whoop!! Whoop whoop!! Whoop whoop!!... SENSIBLE POST ALERT!!

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Wow, Snoots!

Have you ever thought of writing the screenplay for a new film version of "The Brothers Karamazov"?:laugh:

I had to have several breaks just reading your OMDT - God knows how you sustained the energy and have the factual recall to write it. The power of Johnny Walker, I reckon:biggrin:

Mentioning the Brothers Karazamov on Owlstalk and expecting our people to understand that it's a book of extreme length is a tad optimistic I'd say...

lol

• Haha 2

Superb Snoots, as ever, bloody superb.

Read it in 2 parts, like a Netflix drama. 

Not got time to write much cos I'm off to work but Happy New Year to all and let's batter Ull and get back to winning ways. Need the back 4 to remember they can be a unit again and we'll be fine.

UTO

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

We have a poor record against Hull. We've only beaten them 3 times in 18 stretching back to 2005. 

We've also not beaten them at home for 5 games since 2007 when Jeffers scored his first goal. In fact that 2007 win is our only home win against Hull since 1990. 

Thanks, thats cheered me up no end!