Wednesday - Hull OMDT & 2019 review

31 minutes ago, kikka said:

Football  is part of the entertainment business - and these days the club is in competition with a lot more alternative calls upon people's time and money - many of which , at this point in time , are much more appealing than this dire fare every week at relatively high prices.  

The club seems 'tired' from top to bottom and is letting us down right now. It seems to be  relying on us to stick with them come what may , regardless of the product they are offering . 

Now I know that this is what football fans usually do  ........ but ........

Can’t argue with any of these well made points... it’s a real shame because as someone else said on here the more casual fans (the potg ones) are really hard to get back. Maybe the future for young fans will be based on season tickets. I just feel at the moment, unless the team were 1st and 2nd in the league that many fans are always waiting for things to go wrong and don’t truly believe that they can get promotion.

its just makes it more frustrating to see the league table so open. A bit more of something in the side that’s missing, I don’t know what,quality,pace, whatever. It’s there for them...

20 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Who could blame them?  Despite the recent dire performances, the majority of this squad are too good for League One.

What a basketcase our club has become under DC.

Yep absolutely spot on.It's just a pity that we've have the likes of MTPO who keeps on Defending DC.:tango:

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

DC has wrecked the club and if he’s got any decency he’ll start again and put this right

I don’t care that he’s wasting millions of pounds it’s his own fault 

Sort it out FFS

Chansiri's too incompetent to sort this shambles out, they'll be no improvement till he's gone and that could take some time, better get used to it. 

Dawson - 6

not much to do, couldn’t do anything about the goal 

Iorfa - 7 MOM

looked back to his normal self at rb after a rough few games 

Lees - 5 

Awful distribution. He needs to be working at this tirelessly in training 

Borner - 6

got roughed about but stayed composed 

Fox - 7 

another solid display with some neat passing and good covering at times when Iorfa bombed forward 

Harris - 5 

not working for him at the minute. I think this is down to fatigue and the other team triple marking him at times. But unlucky not to score with one off the line 

Hutch - 3

needless free kicks, poor distribution, a headless chicken 

Bannan - 5 

another headless chicken. Tries to make things happen but is doing far too much 

Reach - 3

just crap. How long can you be “out of form” for before you’re labelled a shiiite player

Dave - 4 

did help create the only real chance but god I’m so sick of seeing him now 

Winnall - 5 

did try but couldn’t get in the game 

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Weird you still post on owlstalk then .

Why can I not add an opinion on the club, not caring anymore is not letting the results bother me anymore, not getting down over it, I saw the absolute drivel when we were in the bottom half of league one and stayed loyal, week in week out, watching Richard Evans, ola Tidman and Michele Di Piedi, I felt I had to stick by them when everyone left in droves after the relegation from the premier league and deterioration afterwards, but I don’t feel I need to anymore, i find there are more important things in life, but if I fancy popping on a message board to have an opinion I will, I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive 

4 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

On the plus side, should be Monk's last match in charge, he should do the decent thing and walk

And get who in?

Mores to the point,  which manager the week after this group of players put in 3 more bad performances?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Dawson - 6

not much to do, couldn’t do anything about the goal 

Iorfa - 7 MOM

looked back to his normal self at rb after a rough few games 

Lees - 5 

Awful distribution. He needs to be working at this tirelessly in training 

Borner - 6

got roughed about but stayed composed 

Fox - 7 

another solid display with some neat passing and good covering at times when Iorfa bombed forward 

Harris - 5 

not working for him at the minute. I think this is down to fatigue and the other team triple marking him at times. But unlucky not to score with one off the line 

Hutch - 3

needless free kicks, poor distribution, a headless chicken 

Bannan - 5 

another headless chicken. Tries to make things happen but is doing far too much 

Reach - 3

just crap. How long can you be “out of form” for before you’re labelled a shiiite player

Dave - 4 

did help create the only real chance but god I’m so sick of seeing him now 

Winnall - 5 

did try but couldn’t get in the game 

Do you think Lees’ distribution was worse than Borner’s? 

Borner’s passing was woeful today.

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Do you think Lees’ distribution was worse than Borner’s? 

Borner’s passing was woeful today.

Borners passing wasn't great today but at least he tries different passes and generally it comes off whereas Lees sends the slowest floating ball straight at the forwards! The balls are that slow in the air the opposition could literally have a cuppa and still get organized to deal with it. Ffs put some swaz on it occasionally and mix it up with angled balls, low balls and down the channel balls every now and again. 

He also needs to give the armband up as he doesn't set any example! Fletch should have it!