End of a decade - Who got the assists?

On 30/12/2019 at 23:00, Great Big Galaa said:

47 goals and 26 assists. Also made more appearances than anyone else. May not be many fans player of the decade if any but he's been an influential player regardless of anyone's opinion of Atdhe Nuhiu.

Influential yes. And I had thought he's worth keeping hold of. But someone else posted on a different thread that he'd made 250 appearances this decade.

So he's scoring one in 5 and an assist in 10 [roughly]. I'd argue that is nowhere near good enough for a team with top six ambitions. It's like trying to buy a lottery ticket to make enough to buy the weekly milk and bread. 

53 minutes ago, saf said:

Influential yes. And I had thought he's worth keeping hold of. But someone else posted on a different thread that he'd made 250 appearances this decade.

So he's scoring one in 5 and an assist in 10 [roughly]. I'd argue that is nowhere near good enough for a team with top six ambitions. It's like trying to buy a lottery ticket to make enough to buy the weekly milk and bread. 

It’s not though it is. 

2 hours ago, saf said:

I take your point but he’s no world beater and I think most fans realise this. He’ll do a job and that job varies from game to game. I suspect he’ll be one player who will get a contract offer from us in the Summer? Do we need better? Probably? Will we get better? In our position it’s going to be difficult to achieve this but with Nuhiu you know what you’re going to get. A seasoned championship player who rarely if ever gets injured and as we well know this is a rarity in today’s game.

Even though by his standards he's having a poor season, Reach has done well.

Played less than Bannan and doesn't take any set pieces, mind you he doesn't tackle enough for a winger so get shut.

Although our fans called Antonio lazy, he played less than 80 games and ended up in the Premier League. Expecting a player too run full pelt every 3 minutes,control it, even though it was aimed at his head. Cross it and then get on the end of it as he was the only one upfront.

Some Wednesday fans, f\/cking clueless

On 30/12/2019 at 23:54, Emerson Thome said:

The winner of this one shouldn't come as a surprise, the heartbeat of the side and the best left foot to ever come out of Airdrie...

1) 36 - Barry Bannan

2) 30 - Adam Reach

3) 26 - Atdhe Nuhiu

4) 25 - Michail Antonio

5) 22 - Ross Wallace

6) 19 - Fernando Forestieri

7) 18 - Lucas João

8) 17 - Chris Lines

9) 16 - Kieran Lee

10) 15 - Clinton Morrison

11) 14 - Lewis Buxton, Gary Hooper, Neil Mellor, Daniel Pudil

15) 12 - Steven Fletcher

16) 11 - Reda Johnson, Gary Madine, Jacques Maghoma, Chris Maguire, Tommy Spurr, Gary Teale

22) 10 - Jack Hunt

23) 9 - Miguel Llera, Marco Matias, Liam Palmer

And yes, 10th place on the list came as a surprise to me too. But, believe it or not, Clinton Morrison actually got 5 assists in one game (6-2 vs Bristol Rovers in the 2010-11 season.

Indeed the best left foot to come out of the whole of Clackmannanshire