SallyCinnamon

Official January 2020 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Just now, frastheowl said:

Wickham coming on, and playing a huge part in Palace's last minute equaliser, certainly won't help our cause. 

We won’t get him now.

9 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Take your points, for me though, in Fletcher’s absence he would be a better starting option than Winnall, Rhodes, Nuhiu.

wickham would be the ideal signing imo 

Especially when you think of the outlay in fees & wages thrown at this area of the pitch..

Mathias and Joao simply weren’t replaced either.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nobody heard any whispers about incomings at the game? 

You could definitely hear whispers considering there was about 37 fans left in the ground after 60 minutes. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We won’t get him now.

I fear we won't also.

That's what you get from penny pinching and p!ss!ng about.

Wickham should've been stood in a Wednesday shirt with a scarf above his head, this time last week.

We never learn.

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

You could definitely hear whispers considering there was about 37 fans left in the ground after 60 minutes. 

Anything concrete, Johnny? 

So 3 of the strikers we have been heavily linked with - Wickham, Murray and Adams all came on for their clubs today. Are they really going to be allowed to leave on loan when they are all involved. We are so desperate for a bit of quality upfront. I’m sick of the same not good enough strikers at the club (apart from Fletcher)

Right I think we are all probably in agreement, we cannot make further progress without doing some decent business in the window

Can we forget for the time being, any talk about wholesale changes Whether they are needed or not, it isn’t going to happen in this window Perhaps, with players out contract in the summer, and embargo permitting, that will be the time to make major changes. Now it will be 2 or 3 in at the most. 
With that in mind, what type of player should we be looking to bring in? Personally, I hope we bring in the type of players who can transform our front line. For me it’s no good just replacing Fletcher. Of course we need to bring in someone to lead the line, but unless we can find a major upgrade on the Scotsman, we will still have the attacking shortcomings we had prior to Fletcher’s injury. Is it as simple as bringing in someone with pace to play alongside the new target man? It might enable us to switch back to a 4-4-2, but, and it’s a big but, all our midfielders are uncomfortable playing in a two It also nullifies our most creative player, Bannan. I’d be looking at somebody quick, a striker, but one that could attack from the wide positions. That would give us, along with Forestieri, a different kind of wide option on one wing, with the remainder of our wide options competing for the other flank

Edited by gurujuan