SallyCinnamon

Official January 2020 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Window opens in less than 48 hours. Thought I’d get this one started.

The club has confirmed we are not under a transfer embargo. Does this mean DC is planning a spendaggon similar to what we saw during 2016/17? Or will it be a more considered approach with a few out or a few in? Or will we leave it until deadline day to bring a couple of loans in? Who knows! But I have a feeling we will be looking to do some business whilst we can before the EFL decide our fate.

I’ll get the ball rolling. Jack Marriott. Out of favour at Derby for whatever reason. Looked very good last season. Quick and a clinical finisher. If we can get him firing again could be a very shrewd addition. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The club has confirmed we are not under a transfer embargo. Does this mean DC is planning a spendaggon similar to what we saw during 2016/17? Or will it be a more considered approach with a few out or a few in? Or will we leave it until deadline day to bring a couple of loans in? Who knows! But I have a feeling we will be looking to do some business whilst we can before the EFL decide our fate.

I’ll get the ball rolling. Jack Marriott. Out of favour at Derby for whatever reason. Looked very good last season. Quick and a clinical finisher. If we can get him firing again could be a very shrewd addition. 

Hell know, Marriott will be another Rhodes/Winnall

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don't think Marriott is out of favour, according to Derbyshire Live he was injured in pre-season and has only started 3 times since September due to injury.

• Thanks 1

I hope Gregor MacGregor's middle name is Greg. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I think Arsenal would prefer him to go to Bristol to be honest. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Arsenal would prefer him to go to Bristol to be honest. 

This ^

LJ had a hard-on for Nketiah all summer. Will be surprised if the lad ends up going anywhere else than Bristol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Be an excellent signing for us that on loan until end of the season 

my guess is we won’t see much untill the last few days as per 

with all the scouts and recruitment teams working full time all year around it always baffles me why they get done at the end ( I actually know other trans holding on until players go out or come in and player and agents waiting on other or improved offers 

my point is you might as well make it a 48 hour window with no football being played in it 

as if the recruitment team and scouts haven’t done their homework and negotiations couldn’t be done in November and December just waiting for green lights in the 48 hours 

Anyway 

winger, striker possibly two  fullback possibly two possibly one CM all dependent on outgoings which I think may be minimal 

Think we need 3 in if we had a magic wand to overall this squad is go with 6 in and about 6-9 out ( including loans ) but realistically that’s a summer job 

• Agree 2

It’s on Bristol Live that we are one of the teams after Nketiah but he’s close to signing for Bristol. Be a fantastic signing but I’m sure they’ll look at Bristol City and how Tammy Abraham got on there. 

Did anyone else notice the 3 guys in a box on Sunday, didn't look like they had hired the box for 3 people....looked like a player and agent possibly

I hope this doesn't turn into another silly CLEAR ARGHHT fred post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png

We've seen wholesale changes don't work at the top level, with Man Ure spending a £billion and getting nowhere. 

We've also seen Paul Hurst sign an entire new 11 at Ipswich, resulting in their worst ever season.

Evolution, not revolution.

Our team HAS evolved since Carlos took us to the Play Off final. Just not always for the better ... Particularly in the FB & forward positions 

We could possibly trim the squad in the following areas 

Westwood 

Van Aken & Bates 

Odubajo or Fox 

Murphy or Forrestieri

Rhodes, Winnowt & Nuhiu 

Bring in a couple of forwards and FB. The rest of our team is good enough atm 

I can see Johnson Clarke Harris from Bristol Rovers being one of them been all over the papers down here for a while.

Sorry but the team isn't good enough as these past few season have proved, we need a complete overall but January isn't the time to do it. Like others 2-3 loan moves are the best we can hope for and hopefully move 2/3 out if not more. It's nice to dream all these players mentioned would love to come to Hillborough but be real

Edited by Suffolk.Owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, owls7 said:

I can see Johnson Clarke Harris from Bristol Rovers being one of them been all over the papers down here for a while.

Type of player we should go for in my view. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Did anyone else notice the 3 guys in a box on Sunday, didn't look like they had hired the box for 3 people....looked like a player and agent possibly

That Paxiao chap was sat in the box with a bloke who couldn’t have looked more like a football agent if he’d gone to the local fancy dress shop and asked for a football agents disguise.  

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Is that 1 or 3 players 

• Haha 8