Jordan Thorniley

Matt "Penny" lol     

Albeit St Pauli are on their winter break, but Penney has been on loan there since summer and as such can't play for us until his loan is terminated. The earliest that can happen is January 1st.

Ash Baker is just not good enough, and anyone that's seen him play and has watched a few hours of Championship football can see that.

Thorniley is the only one you have merit with IMO, and even then it's still very open for debate.

Still, one out of three ain't bad. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 2

I know where you’re coming from but we’ve playing okay the back and slipped up the last couple of games boner has to replace lees and when Westwood is back shove him back in because for me we seem a more solid unit, without Palmer though baker could get his chance or Moses could come back in. 

28 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

After another awful performance by our back four why are Thorniley, Ash Baker and Matt Penny all excluded by Monk from the first team Squad?

Ash Baker is nowhere near the quality we need and expect if we are to be serious about pushing forward. Nowt against him but he's not good enough for this level. Rate thorniley but he's got some tough competition. One to keep and play a part as he can play cb or lb. 

26 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Matt "Penny" lol     

Yep, definitely the right decision to pick someone up on spelling the surname of a player as though it were spelt the same way as a far more common and same-sounding noun.

• Haha 1

Thorniley is just unfortunate there’s 3 established players infront of him, if injuries/suspensions take hold he will be there to stake his claim ,  no doubt from me personally that he’s good enough to play at this level, I’m a big fan of his 

Baker needs to go on loan, not convinced by him really , and neither am I with Matt Penney certainly not as a left back anyway 

Penney and Baker both made promising debuts but then faded rapidly. They need to be playing regularly to see if they can improve. Penney is on loan which is the right thing for him. Baker needs a similar loan spell because developmental league is not competitive enough for his development.

Thorniley has proved he is good enough to step in when needed and never lets us down. If he is not going to be given games he too needs to go out on loan. He will surely agitate for a move if he continues to stagnate with Wednesday.

1 minute ago, markg said:

Bloke near me on the Kop yesterday was adamant that Penney was playing in the Bulgarian second division but we should recall him as he is much better than Fox and failing that we should play Thorniley or Reach at left back

Let’s try and guess his username on Owlstalk

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

After another awful performance by our back four why are Thorniley, Ash Baker and Matt Penny all excluded by Monk from the first team Squad?

Penny is playing in Germany and Baker isn't good enough, Thorniley should be involved, possibly along with Bates if he's fit.