If we can spend....

Cosgrove would be a great signing.  

Exactly the type of players we should be looking at.  

Invest in good up and coming players who will have a good resale value would be the right way forward if we are truly looking to build over the longer term.  

How much he would cost and whether we have the money to spend will be the key issue.  

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Invest in good up and coming players who will have a good resale value would be the right way forward if we are truly looking to build over the longer term.  

How much he would cost and whether we have the money to spend will be the key issue.  

Not sure about this guy, he has a decent record at Aberdeen, but he seems no better than Fletcher, without Fletcher’s know how His price tag is, thankfully prohibitive, as I don’t think we can spend that sort of money

50 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Cany see them getting that much! If he is it's a great bit of business though as they paid 20k for him!

Stoke are after him apparently! 

Different news outlets claim different figures, it was a bargain whatever it was! He had already signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen so they paid a nominal undisclosed fee to Carlisle to get him sooner.

Aberdeen have a new multimillionaire owner, they don’t need cash, and they turned down similar money (£5m+) for McKenna before. Cosgrove won’t be sold on the cheap, he’s happy to stay and they don’t need to sell, and he has a contract for another 2-3 years. Stoke, Lazio and Leeds have been watching him apparently. I wish Wednesday could find more of these cut price gems from the lower leagues.

8 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What planet are some people on ?

We've bust the bank, have no more property to sell to ourselves, and our shell companies have been rumbled. 

We aren't spending anything for the next 20 years. Get used to it.

were stuck with Nuhui,etc...were going nowhere

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Surely we'd have signed him earlier as he's a free agent. No need to wait for the window.

I was thinking that, though I suppose it depends on his fitness. Probably a better stand in for Fletcher, than anyone else we have

I can see Bony been our back-up option.

I'm sure we'll be looking for a high profile striker. Nketiah links seem plausible, but unlikely.

I'd imagine you can throw the likes of Adams, Gayle, Vydra into that mix. They will be without doubt interest in them all, and I'd be surprised if we aren't sniffing for all of them. But, the likelihood of us landing any of them, is probably unlikely. Expense and better options are issues we'll have to contend with. 

If it's clear none of those targets are going to come off, then Bony is probably not a bad back-up option. He's clearly been trying to keep himself in shape, training at Newport and Le Harve, and a 6 month contract, offers a pretty reasonable low risk offer for the club.

The fact Monk will be familiar with him, also favours that scenario.

Let's be honest, if Monk can get Nuhiu and Fletcher working as a partnership, you'd struggle to argue that Fletcher/Bony isn't an upgrade on that. 

I'm hoping that we sign players we've never heard of for not a lot of money. If they do as well as Harris, Borner, Iorfa, Luongo we will do OK. Least said about Odubajo the better although I hope he comes good.

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm hoping that we sign players we've never heard of for not a lot of money. If they do as well as Harris, Borner, Iorfa, Luongo we will do OK. Least said about Odubajo the better although I hope he comes good.

Agreed, I’ve said before that we need to find the next Callum Wilson or Jamie vardy and be the stepping stones in their careers, or like them end up staying put as their teams got promoted.   

Someone like that Faal striker at Enfield who is attracting PL interest. Promise him first team football alongside Fletcher.

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

Way too late now - should have been looking when he was at Carlisle.  Do we have any scouts?

• Haha 1