If we can spend....

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No permanent signings. We need to 2 or 3 loan signings and hopefully we can offload either Rhodes, Winnall or FF to fund it. 

My fear with just loan signings is what if we have an umbongo in the summer? All loan signings go back and we have a lot of current players out of contract! We'll end up with about 6 first team players! 

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What planet are some people on ?

We've bust the bank, have no more property to sell to ourselves, and our shell companies have been rumbled. 

We aren't spending anything for the next 20 years. Get used to it.

So the thread is about players we might sign.

You slag the club off.

Again.

And again.

It's just fekkin boring mate. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

My fear with just loan signings is what if we have an umbongo in the summer? All loan signings go back and we have a lot of current players out of contract! We'll end up with about 6 first team players! 

We can sign free agents under an embargo can we not?

Otherwise I am sure the EFL could be sued by players as the EFL would be preventing free agents from securing employment.

26 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Otherwise I am sure the EFL could be sued by players as the EFL would be preventing free agents from securing employment.

Yeah we can but it's a bit more of a gamble and basically limiting our choice!

It's a case of who do you want out of this lot who haven't earned a new contract at their current clubs! 

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Yeah we can but it's a bit more of a gamble and basically limiting our choice!

It's a case of who do you want out of this lot who haven't earned a new contract at their current clubs! 

Personally I would be patient. Get rid of higher earners and gel a decent blend of youth and promise.

Keep a nucleus of what we have (Bannan, Iorfa, Lees, Lee and Bonner, Wildsmith and Dawson) and build around them, being sensible going forward.

Guest wilyfox
33 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Theoretically, yes, but we weren't able to conclude deals for Börner, Odubajo, or Harris until our soft embargo was lifted. Perhaps their wages exceed the 11k cap for embargoed team? Whatever the reason, we couldn't do it. 

6 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Go get a get at least 3 of these! 

Alan Browne 

Jed Wallace

Cosgrove (Aberdeen) 

Mo Eisa

Marcus Maddison 

Sam Cosgrove would cost around £6-7m. Aberdeen don’t need to sell and they wouldn’t sell him cheaply. Given our circumstances he is completely out of our price range and he’s not worth the sort of cash they want for him anyway.

5 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Browne is brilliant. Would be a good signing.

Wallace - not for me, very hit and miss.

Cosrove - Would be risky as he's only just found his feel in Scotland, plus he's a big lump. Would need a pacey striker next to him.

Eisa - Would't leave Peterborough after his last failed spell in this league

Maddison - Would love him here, cocky player.

While we're scouting Peterborough, drag Ivan Toney up here as well.

Wallace is  certainly not hit and miss. 

He's been a rock for Millwall over the last 12 months. Hugely influential midfielder. One of the most consistent in the division. 

That said, he's similar to Luongo.

Maddison would be a dream. We're crying out for a No.10, and he's can play that role. He's also adept at playing on either wing, has a wicked delivery, scores a lot of goals. He's got to make the step up soon. Criminal that he's been stuck in League One for so long.

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No permanent signings. We need to 2 or 3 loan signings and hopefully we can offload either Rhodes, Winnall or FF to fund it. 

Common sense approach, can't agree more. 

If they don't fit in or work out they go back to their parent clubs and weve lost nothing and not being lumbered with more signings like abdi and Rhodes. 

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Sam Cosgrove would cost around £6-7m. Aberdeen don’t need to sell and they wouldn’t sell him cheaply. Given our circumstances he is completely out of our price range and he’s not worth the sort of cash they want for him anyway.

Cany see them getting that much! If he is it's a great bit of business though as they paid 20k for him!

Stoke are after him apparently!