South Stand Rules

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

10 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I've watched the Owls for seventy years, from all parts of the ground, spent 30 years underground andd can swear with  the best of 'men'.I sit in the South, and can make some noise when I think it necessary. I don't particularly object to people swearing as such. What does annoy me intensely is someone persistently using abusive language particularly in a loud voice.

I think you will find most South regulars will put up with, even join in occasionally, a moderate amount of swearing. BUT we don't care for it for a full 90 mins and at full voice.

Although I use some bad language, I often recall my old English teacher's words that people only swear because they don't know the proper language..

My english teacher said swearing evoked passion and imaginative awareness ...Now what do we do?

20 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I've watched the Owls for seventy years, from all parts of the ground, spent 30 years underground andd can swear with  the best of 'men'.I sit in the South, and can make some noise when I think it necessary. I don't particularly object to people swearing as such. What does annoy me intensely is someone persistently using abusive language particularly in a loud voice.

I think you will find most South regulars will put up with, even join in occasionally, a moderate amount of swearing. BUT we don't care for it for a full 90 mins and at full voice.

Although I use some bad language, I often recall my old English teacher's words that people only swear because they don't know the proper language..

If you've been watching for seventy years my friend you should have been in the New Year's Honours list. Good on you and well done...that's what loyalty is.

42 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Va tu faire futre, perchance ??  FFS   lol 

15 hours ago, Ash76 said:

The rules are the same no matter where you are in the ground

9 The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches

https://www.swfc.co.uk/club/ground-regulations/

15 hours ago, folger said:

Jesus, what a load of complete and utter faggotry. 

To be fair, I suspect that this rule (or one very similar) is common for every football stadium in the country.

Edited by oldtawnyowl

If it wasn’t for the South Standers we wouldn’t have a club. That’s why we all get a free brick in the wall of fame, and coffee/newspaper like in Waitrose. 

Our prices subsidise it for the rest, and keep the club afloat. It’s like a Blue Peter foil funnel appeal. 

Ive not been to the Kop or North during the festive period, but I’m fairly sure you lot haven’t been welcomed to the ground with a Christmas bourble extravaganza. It’s no coincidence. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Depends if it was an isolated swear or a constant use of swearing. These things can build up over time - I don’t think even in the south a single sweary word is going to cause a problem. 

Spot on.

It also has to have context. If you call someone a hairy foooking Cockwomble with a smile on your face, then I think it's fine.

If you call someone a flipping crusty jizz bucket, and you are that angry, spit flys out of your mouth, then its a big no no in my book.