South Stand Rules

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Can any of the resident Owlstalk experts please confirm the stadium rules applicable to the South Stand during a game

My mate was approached in the second half (during the attempted assassination on Liam Palmer that lead to him having to limp off the pitch) by an official saying he’d been reported (by a werthers sucking coffin dodger) for swearing and any more he’d be evicted from the ground

A. Is swearing an actual break of the south stand rules if so which rule number?

B. How could a steward possibly pick out one individual for swearing when 20,000 people were in unison in singing the referee was (indeed) a cheeky monkey?

Yours a confused but well meaning lifelong owl wanting to understand the apparent new rules 

1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Can any of the resident Owlstalk experts please confirm the stadium rules applicable to the South Stand during a game

My mate was approached in the second half (during the attempted assassination on Liam Palmer that lead to him having to limp off the pitch) by an official saying he’d been reported (by a werthers sucking coffin dodger) for swearing and any more he’d be evicted from the ground

A. Is swearing an actual break of the south stand rules if so which rule number?

B. How could a steward possibly pick out one individual for swearing when 20,000 people were in unison in singing the referee was (indeed) a cheeky monkey?

Yours a confused but well meaning lifelong owl wanting to understand the apparent new rules 

Did you're mate have a tartan blanket over his legs?

If not theres the answer..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

You should have given the steward one of your Worthers. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

In the grandstand kids section yes. 

South stand itself not sure. 

Can you point me to the actual rules I’d love to know because I’m shocked that swearing that occurs at every game every week is now deemed an evictable offence

is Hillsborough now North Korea?

Edited by REDAs_biG_piECE

1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Can you point me to the actual rules I’d love to know because I’m shocked that swearing that occurs at every game every week is now deemed an evictable offence

is Hillsborough now North Korea?

In the family section, its well advertised.

If your dropping c bombs, with kids about then that says more about your mate than the rules. 

If you want pointing "to the rules" I'd ask the club. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

In the family section, its well advertised.

If your dropping c bombs, with kids about then that says more about your mate than the rules. 

If you want pointing "to the rules" I'd ask the club. 

it was in the South Stand

not the grandstand 

so not the family section (and I agree if it was the family section then no complaints from me) 

2 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

it was in the South Stand

not the grandstand 

so not the family section (and I agree if it was the family section then no complaints from me) 

No Idea then matey, I'd contact the club. I'm sure there are rules against continued foul and abusive language, but I've never seen them enforced. (as a general rule in all stadiums) 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
3 minutes ago, Howards back said:

It’s a shame some people can’t speak without swearing. 

swearing is speaking

speaking is verbal communication

thanks for your holier than thou condescending input 

give your halo a rub from me 

I have had to watch from the south last two games on account I can't buy a +1 for the North. 

In spite of being generally quite a refined and sophisticated person, I tend to swear a lot during games. In the North, that's fine. In the South I try to button it. Lots of people don't care for it and one should respect the local ways

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

I have had to watch from the south last two games on account I can't buy a +1 for the North. 

In spite of being generally quite a refined and sophisticated person, I tend to swear a lot during games. In the North, that's fine. In the South I try to button it. Lots of people don't care for it and one should respect the local ways

It's a local stand for local people..lol

• Haha 5

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
11 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Rubbish football is about passion and raw emotion

swearing is and always has been part of that

either way I wish only to know the rules

if swearing is against the published rules and my mate was ignorant of the rules then no complaints from me

however I’ve been going to Hillsborough since the early 90s and heard swearing at every match since then so just confused that it’s now an evictable offence ?