Kieron Lee

On 29/12/2019 at 23:18, Bouncing Owl said:

Lee is probably my favourite player over the last 20 years or so but not sure he’s the answer now. Big shame but injuries have taken its toll.

We need fletcher back ASAP and we need a pace option up top. We could do with getting Borner back in the side as well. We won’t be far away then and will be a match for anyone in this dire league. 

Its not dire. Its just very level.

Apart from Leeds and WBA nobody is miles ahead of the rest.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Whenever Lee plays we seem to have more continuity in our play because of where he positions himself on the pitch. For that reason it’s a no-brainer.

That’s because he is class 

Only Bannan comes close but even he does not get into the positions KL does 

Guest LittleG
On 30/12/2019 at 11:55, 83owl said:

We need Kieran lee back in the team, we should have never released hooper and we should definitely be looking to bring in Ben 10 to give us another option out wide and try and get Wickham on loan again. 

I agree. Still think Ross Wallace and Kenwyn Jones could do a job for us.

1 hour ago, 3mps said:

I defenitly wouldn't judge Lee until he has a proper run in the first team... 

Any sign of that happening in the last couple of years? Not trying to be a dick but we need to be absolutely brutal in the squad rebuilding stakes considering our financial situation.

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Physio's table? Shouldn't even be compared, Lee isn't fit to lace Barry's boots, pun intended.

I personally think that comment is bang out order, KL is the highest scoring midfielder by some margin over the last decade for us given his injuries that is outstanding 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I personally think that comment is bang out order, KL is the highest scoring midfielder by some margin over the last decade for us given his injuries that is outstanding 

Based purely on their amount of appearances, Bannan has more despite being signed 2(?) years later? Pointless judging a player on how he was 4 years ago when he's barely played for 2 years.

13 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Standard is not as good in my opinion. The Cardiff game was an example of it. 

Cardiff were good.....two shots 2 goals then closed the door on us ..  .not good to watch I grant you but that shouldn't detract from  a very professional display .

3 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Based purely on their amount of appearances, Bannan has more despite being signed 2(?) years later? Pointless judging a player on how he was 4 years ago when he's barely played for 2 years.

According to the goalsthread 

kL 22 goals

BB 10 

As I said best scoring midfielder in the last decade 

Edited by hugeowl

On 29/12/2019 at 17:39, NorthernOwl said:

Lee has done nothing when he has played. We should never have given him a new contract. Almost seemed like a sympathy contract after his bad injury 

Sympathy. What rubbish. The guy deserved an extension. The qualities he has is so lacking in the team currently. Lee is the player who we need fit and playing with confidence more than anything. 

Monk will be changing his team now after he rightly gave them a chance to put right the Stoke catastrophe. The first 15 mins against Cardiff has proved that he needs to rethink what the team is missing. We definitely light in full backs. We have no pace at centre forward with or without Fletcher playing. Iorfa and palmer dip in form has been alarmingly obvious. Fortunately borner is a capable replacement. Iorfa at right back is probably the best plan b while his confidence and form is poor. 

We will all be very surprised if the team against hull is the same that started against Cardiff. Lee is our secret weapon for the 2nd half of the season.