Sick of this team

3 hours ago, hatcheeks said:

I can’t wait to see some of these players leave. Especially Nuhiu, Pelupessy, Atdhe, Winnall, Big Dave, Palmer, Nuhiu, Murphy, Nuhiu, Rhodes. No where near good enough. 

Palmer’s contracted until June 2022, unlikely he’ll be going anywhere.

Most of the ones out of contract will drop down the leagues and have to take a big cut in wages like Boyd and Dave Jones did 

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Palmer’s contracted until June 2022, unlikely he’ll be going anywhere.

Most of the ones out of contract will drop down the leagues and have to take a big cut in wages like Boyd and Dave Jones did 

Should see a huge improvement in performances with about 6 matches to go. All aboard the SWFC gravy-train!

Our reliance on Fletcher and Bannan this season is worrying. If one of them is injured or off the boil then the whole team looks unbalanced and sterile because we don't know any other way to play.

Big January coming up for Chansiri, sh!t or bust. Play offs is the very best we can hope for but I don't think we have the clout to buy the quality we need to achieve that. It'll be loans, which is always a gamble but it might just be enough to see us over the line and into the lottery of the play offs.

6 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I do think this season was the last roll of the dice for most of the current crop.

Change must begin in Jan. 

If you look at Villa, Blunts and Norwich they have coped OK with promotion. 

If we did happen to fluke it we'd get battered with this squad. 

Norwich being bottom would suggest they haven't coped.

Villa have spent the best part of £100 million to be in the bottom 3,again suggesting they haven't coped.

6 hours ago, torres said:

Lose and you’ve got no fight and heart

=

The dopes guide to football!! 

The thing they lack is brain power and actual ability. Nothing to do with lack of heart 

Well, indeed. In the end all you can do is accept that many many of our fans are just simple fick as mince norverners, and point and laugh. 

14 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Villa have spent the best part of £100 million to be in the bottom 3,again suggesting they haven't coped.

Norwich are well adrift and probably already relegated in my eyes, but although villa are in the drop zone they’re still within touching distance of the teams above them and again can strengthen in jan. Then there’s the pigs.....

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Norwich are well adrift and probably already relegated in my eyes, but although villa are in the drop zone they’re still within touching distance of the teams above them and again can strengthen in jan. Then there’s the pigs.....

Didn't Huddersfield do well their first half season in the PL before everyone sussed out Wagner's gimmick?

I refuse to believe that the PL is easy enough for a club that regularly features Phil Jagielka to sniff top half for much longer.

8 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Norwich, yeah ok.

Villa competing and only one win away from safe spots - the other lot are doing better than even they could have dreamt of.

My point is that I can't see us being any better than Norwich - thinking back to how good Norwich were last season too.

The most recent top flight opponents we've faced were Chelsea's reserves & Everton and although not disgraced we couldnt really impose ourselves on either game. Both had too much for us.

I'd rather we went up when we have rebuilt and in a better place to compete.

If we fluked promotion with this lot I dread to think what kind of a season it would be - Sunderland springs to mind.

16 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Overpaid, and steeped in failure.

Half the team has already bottled 2 play offs.

Most injury faking frauds in the division.

Monk has performed a miracle so far.

This squad genuinely reeks.

Totally agree with this bit ..

I've been looking forward to a refresh for the last 2 seasons that hasn't come about .. Really hope Monk is the man to dismantle this bone idle and mentally weak squad and bring in some young, fit and hungry players....

You see some performances and think to yourself that some of these players should be ashamed of themselves with what they turn out ... shocking

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Totally agree with this bit ..

I've been looking forward to a refresh for the last 2 seasons that hasn't come about .. Really hope Monk is the man to dismantle this bone idle and mentally weak squad and bring in some young, fit and hungry players....

You see some performances and think to yourself that some of these players should be ashamed of themselves with what they turn out ... shocking

It rubs salt into the wounds when you see the blunts and dirty Leeds fighting for every ball like their life depends on it.

Our lot rarely turn up for a full game, never mind give it their all.

The crowd know it before the game starts, and we sink into yet another game of going through the motions. If this squad isn't dismantled, we could end up with the first silent football stadium in history.

28 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It rubs salt into the wounds when you see the blunts and dirty Leeds fighting for every ball like their life depends on it.

Our lot rarely turn up for a full game, never mind give it their all.

The crowd know it before the game starts, and we sink into yet another game of going through the motions. If this squad isn't dismantled, we could end up with the first silent football stadium in history.

Players brought in probably on less money and from lower leagues whereas we've got some shirkers that think they are entitled to a payrise after a hissy fit ...

2 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Players brought in probably on less money and from lower leagues whereas we've got some shirkers that think they are entitled to a payrise after a hissy fit ...

The worst thing a club can do is not sell players. Even worse, we call them family. They are so comfy, and without pressure it's unbelievable.

They are bloody highly paid employees Mr Chairman, not family.

On 29/12/2019 at 17:22, Great Big Galaa said:

I think what we’ve seen today is confirmation of something deep down we’ve always known, we’re not going to achieve promotion with this particular squad of players. It’s one paced, unbalanced, too many players either touching or the wrong side of thirty and mentally fragile.

Monk has performed a minor miracle to have us where we currently are but somewhere along the line he’s going to have to change things. We don’t look at all functional when Fletcher isn’t playing. It’s as if he sets the tempo for our good performances. When he’s not there we lack direction.

Also the full-backs are cr@p. Yes, they may have done better recently but they’re still not at the level we need them to be. Reach is a player we seem to rely heavily on and why? The odd wonder goal and assist but too often goes missing in games. Some on here slag off Bannan but at least he never hides and tries to get things going whether he’s playing well or not. We’d be in deep sh!t without him.

Unfortunately it looks like Monks going to have buttons to play with to make changes and this makes his job harder if nigh on impossible. The signings of Rhodes, Abdi, Winnall and arguably Reach have set us back years. It makes me laugh when the Middlesbrough Chairman moans about our P&S issues. He wasn’t so bothered when he banked the best part of £15M when he sold us 2 of the players I’ve just mentioned? 

It’s a bloody mess, we’re in now?

Just re-read my post in this thread. Over-reaction? Maybe? I suppose we’ll find out at the end of the season?

I’ll still stand by a lot of the above. We are an inconsistent side that is more than capable of hitting certain heights as the last two performances and results have shown. If we do manage to get promoted a lot will probably be down to keeping three of last summer’s signings fit and available, Borner, Iorfa and Luongo. These lads will be a big part of any new era we embark on in the next 12 months or so IMO?

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Just re-read my post in this thread. Over-reaction? Maybe? I suppose we’ll find out at the end of the season?

I’ll still stand by a lot of the above. We are an inconsistent side that is more than capable of hitting certain heights as the last two performances and results have shown. If we do manage to get promoted a lot will probably be down to keeping three of last summer’s signings fit and available, Borner, Iorfa and Luongo. These lads will be a big part of any new era we embark on in the next 12 months or so IMO?

Well your original post wasn't particularly outlandish. Bit OTT about the full backs mind given our defensive record.

• Thanks 1

Passionate fans always feel losses, especially abject ones against teams perceived as those we should be beating.

As Owls fans we've had so many downs over last 20 years and when hope rears its head it's often been dashed by a stupid mistake or Carlos going full negative at Wembley. 

So I think fans on here are at the passionate end of the spectrum so of course we'll be subject to the odd hysterical post.

I look back on some of my rants against Jordan Rhodes which have resulted in many negs and are in large parts unjustified personal attacks on a bloke who is actually nice but has lost his way in football.

It's just the way, we get overexcited about wins and 3 losses on the trot feels like grim death.

Can't wait for when we're back at the top of the football pyramid winning everything and making Jurgen Klopp go bald with worry.

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Passionate fans always feel losses, especially abject ones against teams perceived as those we should be beating.

As Owls fans we've had so many downs over last 20 years and when hope rears its head it's often been dashed by a stupid mistake or Carlos going full negative at Wembley. 

So I think fans on here are at the passionate end of the spectrum so of course we'll be subject to the odd hysterical post.

I look back on some of my rants against Jordan Rhodes which have resulted in many negs and are in large parts unjustified personal attacks on a bloke who is actually nice but has lost his way in football.

It's just the way, we get overexcited about wins and 3 losses on the trot feels like grim death.

Can't wait for when we're back at the top of the football pyramid winning everything and making Jurgen Klopp go bald with worry.

Ps boy does it feel good beating those L**ds sc*******

34 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Theres some classics in here. Be good if some of the mardy  gets in this post reflected on their hasty words for the next time we lose a few and thus become more balanced human beings....

lol

I'm not holding me breath...

It's the very fickle nature of football mate. Happens up and down the land. You've only got to take a look at other clubs forums. Up one week, down the next.