Sick of this team

I notice Bannan is creeping into this 'spineless' group and I must disagree. He was the only person that showed for the ball all game, and that's to the discredit of everyone else. They all gave the ball to him and waited - often in a stationary fashion - for him to do something with it. He came left, right, back and top for it only to find nobody moving around him (or, worse, Rhodes' 'runs' that are not into space, through about 4 defenders, and are him ticking the 'look at me trying' box). 

Discussion about whether Bannan is good enough, fine, go for it - personally I think he's a bang on awful leader - but at least he wanted the ball. 

That moment when Hoilett went straigh through Palmer summed it up for me not one of our players backed him up and stood up for their teammate everyone of them just stood their allowed the referee to give such a shocking decision. 

This team doesn't have a pair of balls between them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Said it before:

Mentally we just dont have it in us to get promoted. 

There are moments of quality, but you know full well we will stack it when it matters.

A fantastic opportunity to cement our play off place and what do we do? Lose two on the bounce through some awful defending and lack of professionalism. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Overpaid, and steeped in failure.

Half the team has already bottled 2 play offs.

Worst fullbacks in the division.

Worst strikers (Fletcher aside) in the division.

Most injury faking frauds in the division.

Monk has performed a miracle so far.

This squad genuinely reeks.

The fullbacks - Palmer has been near on faultless for 18 months. Works his bits off and, has improved no end. West Brom are after Fox and again, huge improvements now the fans have finally stopped making him a scapegoat. Ridiculous to single out the fullbacks.

I’ll bite on the striker front too. Winnall and Rhodes were both highly coveted before joining us. They clearly have ability to perform to a good standard in this league. It’s down to the manager to get that out of them. That’s not a criticism of Monk BTW. Look at Rhodes alongside Fletcher for example, he looked sharp and dangerous, Monk put that partnership together. You can’t legislate for injury all of the time, you can only play the hand you’re dealt and, take the first choice striker out of any team and it will struggle. Rhodes has to play in a 2 with a target man, it’s what he’s done all his career. Winnall was hung out to dry on his own today, he never stood a chance. 

Some massive flapping on here tonight, yes we’ve been poor for a couple of games but, by and large we’ve very good this season. Competitive in every game. We were the better side against the top 2 in the league and, I can guarantee nobody looks forward to playing us.

Every team has a dip In form, ours coincides with our best striker being unavailable. The good thing is we have a perfect opportunity to bounce back in a few days. Chill out, we’re 6th in the league! Anybody reading this forum would think we’re rock bottom ffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That moment when Hoilett went straigh through Palmer summed it up for me not one of our players backed him up and stood up for their teammate everyone of them just stood their allowed the referee to give such a shocking decision. 

11 players, 3 subs, that makes 28 balls in my book.... and you think that they are all sharing one ball. Hells Bells S6 you’ve got me worried now. By the way, which one has the “lone ********” ? 

52 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Think need a left back, but quite happy with the defenders we have.

Good options in central midfield, but dont like Hutch and Bannan together, think Kieran Lee should be starting l.

But wingers and strikers Harris has largely been good and Fletcher has had a great season.

The rest of the wingers and strikers are useless!

You “think” we need a left back?? 

We have needed one for 5 years!!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Yep, said exactly the same. Disgraceful 

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

No fight

No heart 

Stealing a living

Never been so frustrated by a squad of players in my entire time watching a Wednesday team 

Any offers come in accept them no matter who they are 

Keep Bannan, fletch and lees, rest can do one.