Sick of this team

7 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

You have to laugh, only Wednesday can get an owner who puts big money into the club and still end up rubbish. This is no different from 4 seasons ago when we had no money. Sadly after all the money wasted on players over the last 3 seasons, our best players are still the players we got for free or cheap. 

And that's why he gets criticism.

Money wasted on poor players and managers, and a squad still littered with failed players from 3 years ago.

Why the hell haven't we sold anybody ?  Bizarre way to run a club.

I think what we’ve seen today is confirmation of something deep down we’ve always known, we’re not going to achieve promotion with this particular squad of players. It’s one paced, unbalanced, too many players either touching or the wrong side of thirty and mentally fragile.

Monk has performed a minor miracle to have us where we currently are but somewhere along the line he’s going to have to change things. We don’t look at all functional when Fletcher isn’t playing. It’s as if he sets the tempo for our good performances. When he’s not there we lack direction.

Also the full-backs are cr@p. Yes, they may have done better recently but they’re still not at the level we need them to be. Reach is a player we seem to rely heavily on and why? The odd wonder goal and assist but too often goes missing in games. Some on here slag off Bannan but at least he never hides and tries to get things going whether he’s playing well or not. We’d be in deep sh!t without him.

Unfortunately it looks like Monks going to have buttons to play with to make changes and this makes his job harder if nigh on impossible. The signings of Rhodes, Abdi, Winnall and arguably Reach have set us back years. It makes me laugh when the Middlesbrough Chairman moans about our P&S issues. He wasn’t so bothered when he banked the best part of £15M when he sold us 2 of the players I’ve just mentioned? 

It’s a bloody mess, we’re in now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Hands up I thought we were a better side than we’ve shown in the last two games. So I’m eating a bit of humble pie now. 

It will be interesting what we can do in the transfer window as no way are we good enough to finish in the playoffs and win a playoff campaign 

Our strikers haven't scored since the Forest mauling.  That's unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m not sick of the team but I am sick of so many repeated mistakes/traits. When will we learn to not give soft free kicks away around the box? When will Bannan stop demanding the ball from the CB just to give it back to him where he would have been without Bannan moving himself out of position? When will we start manipulating the ref to win our own soft free kicks, far too honest and win nothing out of the ref! 

Cardiff & Stoke were dogshiite! But we were worse. It’s absolutely crazy to see us sixth and yet so naive in almost every aspect of our play. 

They give cheap free kicks away around the box because they’re not goo enough. They’re not quick enough to the ball, a yard behind 

7 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

I hope Monk is sick of this team too. It needs a complete overhaul in the summer. An overhaul that should have been done straight after the Huddersfield play off disgrace. 

I and many others have said it time and time again, we're far too sentimental and so are some fans, nothing will ever change with this core/group of player's, it will only get worse as they get even older. 

I hope this club is not fooled by the odd good game from certain fan favourites again when the summer comes. 

• Like 1

Think need a left back, but quite happy with the defenders we have.

Good options in central midfield, but dont like Hutch and Bannan together, think Kieran Lee should be starting l.

But wingers and strikers Harris has largely been good and Fletcher has had a great season.

The rest of the wingers and strikers are useless!

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

We have a mid table squad so not sure why anyone is surprised that we are totally hit and miss. Most people had us down for 10th -12th this year at the start of the season.

Because we briefly sat 3rd people got carried away but the performances have always suggested that wouldn't last.

Spot on. I think we are still overachieving. 

2 minutes ago, markg said:

What annoyed me most was when palmer got took out, half oir team is stood on the half way line having a chat. Teams that do well are ones that are together and they would have been going mental at the ref and the player that took palmer out.

Absolutely this, first two players to him are there’s and only Palmer shows any emotion to them or ref. If that had happened to one of theirs we’d have a brawl on. But one of ours gets carved in half and we show nothing. 

I also can’t believe Hoilett gets to end of the game without a foul on him after he’s done that. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Monk has done wonders with this group so far.

Old habits continue to show. Awful today. 

I think there’s only Bannan, Fletcher, Borner and Dawson who I’d want to keep. 

Looking at our starting line up today it's much weaker than the Carlos years. Crazy really how we have failed to refresh our squad. 

6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I and many others have said it time and time again, we're far too sentimental and so are some fans, nothing will ever change with this core/group of player's, it will only get worse as they get even older. 

I hope this club is not fooled by the odd good game from certain fan favourites again when the summer comes. 

One win and bannan will be the best midfielder in the league again, new contract for FF as on his day he’s the best player in the league, Lee needs another year to prove himself, we need Wickham on loan etc etc