Jump to content
@owlstalk

BREAKING - Club Statement

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Rogers said:


All of these things you mention probably account for under £1million a year. 
 

We are crap at gaining from other revenue streams; how many people go on the stadium tour? If it’s over 250 people per season, I’d be surprised. 

Hillsborough is in the wrong location to do much

50000 shirts worldwide. Lets say they cost £2 each to make and another 50p shipping.  The overall profit margin would not nearly cover the entire yearly investment but would reduce those costs significantly. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triple O said:

But...

Not sure about the figure but only about £5M per year (£15M over the rolling 3 years) can be covered by any type of loan (including owner/director loans). The EFL rules ( I believe) state that the further losses up to £39M must be covered by the owner himself. 

That’s for the efl rule, it doesn’t mean the football club do t owe him money, he’s put in directors loans to the club and regardless of what the efl rules mean to our club, he is owed that money. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

 

Giving away as gift would not be beneficial tax wise. In fact it would be crazy to do so.

 


so we owe him the money then exactly as I said. Ofc he wants it back because as you said he would be a moron not too. So here we are goin g around in circles with people saying we do t owe money when we CLEARLY do, it’s like pulling teeth on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ka58 said:

 

No one can second guess the efl rules.

 

who and at what price would you expect DC to sell to?

 


I think people and our fans think someone will buy us purely on our name and history, Milan was our only saviour with 25 mill of debt and buying us for a pound or whatever it was. That was when the club had scope to grow commercial revenue a decent squad and a solid fan base. 
 

any suitors looking at our club to either buy from our owner or take it up if the worst happens would see a club with little or no commercial revenue ( so they would literally have to start from scratch ney build from behind scratch because all the previous sponsors and most box holders have walked off, getti g them back will not be easy, trust me I’m in that game. 
they would also look at the fact we are and have sold forward season ticket sales. 
so with the club in debt, not much hope of big changes short or semi medium terms of significant return on commercial revenue and having to deal with much less money because of forward sold tickets. 
who in their right mind would want us?  Oh and then if he doesn’t give it us back we also have to rent the stadium back or buy it back too. 
It would take some flipping  fruitcake to take us I’m telling you now. Even if I had a billion pounds as a die hard fan I wouldn’t fancy running that. 
 

You know what our gamble might pay off , we might go up, if we can delay or get away with this charge. But if not and I’m not sure many of you see how dangerous  it is, we are royally fizzed. 
 

because with all of the above said , if I was chanisiri would I keep pumping money inbetween it 10 milll or 30 mill per season ? Would I fizz, I would try and find a buyer, which I doubt he would get ( see above) and if not I would claim the stadium against my loans sell of what the fizz I could get and get out of dodge. 
 

do you think rich people families get rich by having feelings? When push comes to shove every time people will pick their situation over anything else. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

TAKE THE PUNISHMENT


lol welcome to the legion with fresh fish 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

50000 shirts worldwide. Lets say they cost £2 each to make and another 50p shipping.  The overall profit margin would not nearly cover the entire yearly investment but would reduce those costs significantly. 

lol  amazeballs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Wouldn't surprise if there is a new Premier and clubs will be invited to join.  Not that I'd be in favour of it but Sky etc would rather sell Wednesday V United than Bournemouth V Burnley

Doubt very highly that eufa would sanction a league formed on those terms,which would harm the league above it,namely the prem as it has to have functional promtion and releagation to comply,so the prem would veto under those terms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/listed-owners-every-championship-club-13778193.amp
 

Don’t know how accurate this is, but it says his net worth is £520m. He must have already funded losses of about £100m by the end of this season (£65m to July 2018 then whatever we lost last season and this), and also paid around £40m to buy us in the first place. So he’ll have been here 5 years and he’s in for £140m.. more than a quarter of his net worth.

 

Would imagine his family will be unhappy with his situation.. but he’ll also know that we could always get in the play offs and go up and he’ll get it all back. But there must be a limit to how much he can put in.. I can’t see him wanting to write off the money so the pragmatic approach we’ve seen over the last year to 18 months is probably here to stay.. don’t think we’ll be risking another spending splurge even if we’re allowed

The Forbes rich list, has his father and families combined wealth at $720m, dc is a minor shareholder and non board member of TUG. As for dc's personal wealth, who knows but it's  £100m less than it was. 

Makes me laugh when people quote things like, dc's a billionaire, he runs/ owns John west. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Your sick  

you will be eating all that.

btw it's you're.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Self employed time zone. Get up when i have to and eat when i get ten minutes.  Sometime during the week i might get time to scratch my backside. 

take time for yourself when you can, hard work kills horses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I was around in the 70s and I think Chansiri has run the club poorly. 

he has 'far' from run it well, and I think he'll know that too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rogers said:


All of these things you mention probably account for under £1million a year. 
 

We are crap at gaining from other revenue streams; how many people go on the stadium tour? If it’s over 250 people per season, I’d be surprised. 

Hillsborough is in the wrong location to do much

Not what some want to hear it the unpalatable truth is Hillsborough is not fit for purpose in the modern game especially the catering facilities.

As for the EFL we've thrown them a bit of a curveball. They are used to clubs saying sorry sir won't happen again sir. Instead we've hit back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, briggowl said:
23 hours ago, striker said:

FIGHT!!!!

 

Sorry striker, dunno why that happened

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I Used to like cheese and tomato sandwiches or onion but they are too time consuming to make.  

 

Might give them another go.

 

 

 

 

welsh rarebit with slivers of onion on, believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rogers said:


All of these things you mention probably account for under £1million a year. 
 

We are crap at gaining from other revenue streams; how many people go on the stadium tour? If it’s over 250 people per season, I’d be surprised. 

Hillsborough is in the wrong location to do much

How many football grounds are in the right location? To name just a few Anfield, Goodison Park, Old Trafford, Elland Rd, Villa Park are not on the middle of their cities and are not situated in what would be considered thriving areas.

Edited by kobayashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:


I think people and our fans think someone will buy us purely on our name and history, Milan was our only saviour with 25 mill of debt and buying us for a pound or whatever it was. That was when the club had scope to grow commercial revenue a decent squad and a solid fan base. 
 

any suitors looking at our club to either buy from our owner or take it up if the worst happens would see a club with little or no commercial revenue ( so they would literally have to start from scratch ney build from behind scratch because all the previous sponsors and most box holders have walked off, getti g them back will not be easy, trust me I’m in that game. 
they would also look at the fact we are and have sold forward season ticket sales. 
so with the club in debt, not much hope of big changes short or semi medium terms of significant return on commercial revenue and having to deal with much less money because of forward sold tickets. 
who in their right mind would want us?  Oh and then if he doesn’t give it us back we also have to rent the stadium back or buy it back too. 
It would take some flipping  fruitcake to take us I’m telling you now. Even if I had a billion pounds as a die hard fan I wouldn’t fancy running that. 
 

You know what our gamble might pay off , we might go up, if we can delay or get away with this charge. But if not and I’m not sure many of you see how dangerous  it is, we are royally fizzed. 
 

because with all of the above said , if I was chanisiri would I keep pumping money inbetween it 10 milll or 30 mill per season ? Would I fizz, I would try and find a buyer, which I doubt he would get ( see above) and if not I would claim the stadium against my loans sell of what the fizz I could get and get out of dodge. 
 

do you think rich people families get rich by having feelings? When push comes to shove every time people will pick their situation over anything else. 

Or you have a franchise such as Red Bull who have a proven model which brings success both on the field and off it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ka58 said:


the point I’m making is the club is now completely unsustainable without c £15m a year to keep us where we are.

 

and an owner who would probably want some money for the club - including the stadium he owns.

 

do you think we’re the same proposition we were when DC bought in? 
 

no chance.

 

 


 

 

Morning chaps.

 

Isn’t that the case with most clubs though?

 

Granted, we went on a spending spree & got lumbered with players we couldn’t move on which would have helped the balance sheet, but that isn’t going to happen every year.

 

United, were running at a loss (apparently) & I reckon most clubs are the same.

 

The other thing, we were starting totally from scratch. No academy, no commercial infrastructure, everything was non existent from day one when DC took over. 
 

Again, this won’t be the case from now on. 
 

Obviously, most clubs (with genuine ambition) seem willing to accept losses knowing these will be small change if their Prem ambitions are realised.

 

It seems obvious to me that DC is working on this game plan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2roland2 said:


Have you not seen a pattern emerging from our owner yet? It seems using common sense and sensible business plans and exit plans are not the norm, what is the norm is fighting g everyone and everything in and outside the club. 
 

as for being business partners I’m afraid I will skip that because anyone who thinks what we are doing is sustainable and will end in anything but tears isn’t fit to be in business. 
 

if you want reasoning as to why I think that go and read the sensible posts I have made in numerous other topics about why he could do that and why the removal of the only tangible assets we have could be so important if things go belly up. 

Do you not think that in football as in life, mistakes made early on, shape the thinking of decisions taken further down the line.

 

You assume that DC who clearly was on a massive learning curve will repeat the mistakes he made early on. 
 

This is highly unlikely and borne out by more recent events and acquisitions. Ie Iorfa, Borner, Harris etc plus the improvement in back room staff.

 

To assume nothing will change & he will blindly make the same mistakes again isn’t happening.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 10:13, @owlstalk said:

A5FAA2FC-4704-44FB-9848-06C089D7A4C7.jpeg

 

So if 'no step will be taken in the disciplinary case, until the arbitration is resolved' are we just stalling? 

 

How long can we keep this stalling going? Is this the ultimate gamble to get accepted into the premier league before the EFL get a chance to screw us over? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Morning chaps.

 

Isn’t that the case with most clubs though?

 

Granted, we went on a spending spree & got lumbered with players we couldn’t move on which would have helped the balance sheet, but that isn’t going to happen every year.

 

United, were running at a loss (apparently) & I reckon most clubs are the same.

 

The other thing, we were starting totally from scratch. No academy, no commercial infrastructure, everything was non existent from day one when DC took over. 
 

Again, this won’t be the case from now on. 
 

Obviously, most clubs (with genuine ambition) seem willing to accept losses knowing these will be small change if their Prem ambitions are realised.

 

It seems obvious to me that DC is working on this game plan.

 

Im afraid this is just not what a large percentage of our fanbase want to hear rob.  For some reason a lot of them seem to want someone to lash out at.  They want to believe we have an owner who is getting ready to strip all our assets, to rip the club apart, to cripple the club with outside debt then to eat their offspring on toast; even when all the evidence points to the contrary. 

 

Question... 

If the clubs owner wanted to do these things, why would he still be putting money in?

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...