We must start Julian Borner on Sunday

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Are you seriously suggesting we move iorfa to rb? He has to cover for the inept Lees and Borner. We can't afford to move iorfa. 

Iorfa is surely one of the best CB in the division now. Sadly he's got two duds in Lees and Borner that he's always covering for 

He is a RB playing at CH! Can’t recall Borner having a bad match since he arrived.

For me, I'd play Iorfa in place of Palmer at right-back, bring in Borner to partner Lee's and move Palmer to left-back.

It's the strikers that worry me though, Rhodes offers so little - his Forest goals have completely masked that he just doesn't contribute anything of significance. Nuhiu is a real pain to play against but yesterday he was woeful too... Fletcher is leagues above them both and we DESPERATELY need a reasonably quick clever striker to cause any kind of threat.

And we need to stop just hoofing it. I'm not averse to going direct and think in Bannan and Fletcher and Harris, plus Nuhiu we have the ability to do it well - but we constantly do it and almost never try anything different. It usually starts from countless back passes to Dawson from either Lees, Fox or Palmer - who hoofs it up for us to lose it.  All 3 of those defenders are shockingly negative. Free kick in attacking position? Pass it back. Free kick in our own half? Pass it back. Drives me nuts - we'll never get anywhere with that attitude.

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

What’s Fox done wrong?

Nothing particularly, he's solid enough, but personally don't think he gives us enough going forward with deliveries and a general tendency to be slow with throw ins or general urgency. 

We don't have a left full back that I rate in the squad. I thought we had one with Penney, but something went really wrong before he left for Germany.

I'm equally not content with Palmer on the right... he seems lethargic and seems to give up too easily, yet wierdly seems to do well on the left plus seems to link up with Harris far better and is defensively sound there too.

Just personal choice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

Nothing particularly, he's solid enough, but personally don't think he gives us enough going forward with deliveries and a general tendency to be slow with throw ins or general urgency. 

We don't have a left full back that I rate in the squad. I thought we had one with Penney, but something went really wrong before he left for Germany.

I'm equally not content with Palmer on the right... he seems lethargic and seems to give up too easily, yet wierdly seems to do well on the left plus seems to link up with Harris far better and is defensively sound there too.

Just personal choice. 

I see both our regular FBs as similar in ability. I think Palmer is better when he concentrates on defending and doesn’t have to go forward as much. However I think Fox offers a bit more with his deliveries yet is not as good defending. 

But as you say, it’s all about opinion. I do however have reservations about Iorfa playing RB, I wasn’t impressed by him there. Likewise I don’t agree with Palmer at LB IF Fox is available. 

Borner in every time.

Iorfa and Lees need a centre back partner to coach then through games at times. Lees needed Loovens for this. Borner loves defending, he also gets us up the pitch and out of the box when we clear balls in the box.

In short, he’s a leader, we have few of those.

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Just personal choice. 

Fox doesn’t do enough going forward so you want to replace him with Palmer.

Are you insane?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Tom Lees has had it and Borner isn't good enough. Both players continually drift out of position leaving the excellent Iorfa to cover. Without a player of his calibre we wouldn't be where we are. 

When the window opens we desperately need a solid left sided CB. 

Borner not good enough? Behave yourself, the lad is quality. I'm amazed that Monk isn't starting him. We are desperately in need of a few players, CB is not one of them

14 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Are you seriously suggesting we move iorfa to rb? He has to cover for the inept Lees and Borner. We can't afford to move iorfa. 

Iorfa is surely one of the best CB in the division now. Sadly he's got two duds in Lees and Borner that he's always covering for 

I replied to your first post before I saw this. Clearly a pig.