Monks Game Management

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s a mentality of the players.

Getting ribbed about it by youth team players at SWFC Christmas parties tells you that much.

Dodgy subs however, are down to Monk. 

This^^^

oldest average squad age in the league aren’t we? No excuse for playing like headless chickens. As soon as they said they had found 6 minutes of added time it was deja-vu time. 

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^

oldest average squad age in the league aren’t we? No excuse for playing like headless chickens. As soon as they said they had found 6 minutes of added time it was deja-vu time. 

Yep.

And you see it happen on the pitch.

Board goes up and pretty much the first thing that happens is Palmer scuffs a routine clearance on the edge of the box and puts us back under pressure

Bit like when he did that in another game we conceded late.

Mentally weak.

38 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I'm not one to have a go at the manager/team, chairman much, but God Monks game management is awful. What is that, 11/12 points we have thrown away in the last 10 minutes since he took over?

It’s not Monk, it’s the 11 dickheads on the pitch. We clam up and spend the last 5 -10 mins in our own half, just hacking it out! They need to realise that they have to play until the whistle.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Yep.

And you see it happen on the pitch.

Board goes up and pretty much the first thing that happens is Palmer scuffs a routine clearance on the edge of the box and puts us back under pressure

Bit like when he did that in another game we conceded late.

Mentally weak.

Lees slices it for a needless corner, Bannan starts sliding around, Palmer kicks it out of play etc. Feel sorry for Dawson.

7 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

It’s not Monk, it’s the 11 dickheads on the pitch. We clam up and spend the last 5 -10 mins in our own half, just hacking it out! They need to realise that they have to play until the whistle.

If that is the case, shouldn't the manager be the one drilling it into them? I mean, I assume that the manager is paid to identify issues and fix them, while accentuating the positives.I mean, we have had pretty much the same squad for what, 4 years, and we have never thrown that many points away at a late stage as we have under monk, with the same players. Which points to the manager.

Think it is to do with the players tbh. 

It is their mindset. 

A few years ago, they were good enough to grind out narrow wins (2016/2017). Now they are not. 

We can't manage games for sh*t when we are winning by only a goal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think it is to do with the players tbh. 

It is their mindset. 

A few years ago, they were good enough to grind out narrow wins (2016/2017). Now they are not. 

We can't manage games for sh*t when we are winning by only a goal. 

Yep 

This group have a very soft underbelly, and it’s the reason why it needs breaking up in the summer. Can you imagine this lot going into the playoffs and having the mentality to see the job through and get promoted? I can’t 

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

Fed up of seeing this bloke stand on the touchline like a dork while we sp*nk away another 3 points.

Once we scored our second goal, the ultra-defensive hoofball comes out - sorry but Monk been here long enough to sort that.

Awful.

Yeah, we should get rid of him. 

Bloody useless :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

If that is the case, shouldn't the manager be the one drilling it into them? I mean, I assume that the manager is paid to identify issues and fix them, while accentuating the positives.I mean, we have had pretty much the same squad for what, 4 years, and we have never thrown that many points away at a late stage as we have under monk, with the same players. Which points to the manager.

Not as many points as this season you are right, but I honestly just think this team are a bunch of chokers. They choked at Wembley and against udders and they were throwing away points under Jos, when we couldn’t buy a win. I think even under Bruce, they threw away points when we had a sniff of the playoffs. As soon as there’s something to play for they melt.

Dunno about Monk's game management, think it is most down to spineless performances by those on the pitch when we get under real pressure. It is not like Monk told them "get into your box and keep passing ball to opposition'.

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Yep 

This group have a very soft underbelly, and it’s the reason why it needs breaking up in the summer. Can you imagine this lot going into the playoffs and having the mentality to see the job through and get promoted? I can’t 

I was thinking this earlier - imagine leading 1-0 against Fulham at Wembley going into 6 mins of injury time. I think the team and fans would simply implode.