Tactical cockup

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

did you go? while the so called big player was on(nuhiu) they were murdering us , iorfa 6ft6 giant had a nightmare lees had a nightmare so these big players didn't exactly work did they? yes if we had someone decent up front like fletcher that would have helped ,sitting back like we did when we had players who could have exploited the space when stoke pushed forward murphy,harris,reach,winnall . the difference was they looked like man city(even though there bottom) and we looked like the team at the bottom they (stoke were far more hungry than us ,hunted in packs ,had a lot more quality in there final ball and controlled the game , our tactics were just lump it up every time aimlessly to nuhiu ,we were fouling all game as we couldn't cope with them(yes some of there players dive and ref gave a few too many),Rhodes was a passenger up front too . ive never been to a game before where we were so outclassed (even though they were bottom) it was the most embarrassing display ive ever seen , thank god for dawson made at least 6 point blank saves ,with better finishing it could have been 10. that's an honest opinion of the game .if you went and have a different opinion then your beer must have tasted nice and you must have enjoyed the after effects. 

No. Watched it on a really good stream and had a better view that you. A view that witnessed a huge Stoke side lump it into our box for the last 25 minutes. Nuhui would have been a huge asset then. It’s called horses for courses. 

They were better than us on the day. But i’d have took Rhodes and Loungo off early doors and brought Hutchinson and Borner on. Played 3 at the back, and matched them in what turned out to be a battle. 

Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

No. Watched it on a really good stream and had a better view that you. A view that witnessed a huge Stoke side lump it into our box for the last 25 minutes. Nuhui would have been a huge asset then. It’s called horses for courses. 

They were better than us on the day. But i’d have took Rhodes and Loungo off early doors and brought Hutchinson and Borner on. Played 3 at the back, and matched them in what turned out to be a battle. 

Hope that helps. 

agree with you regards borner Hutchinson id have fetched them on at half time .

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Hope that helps. 

So are you saying when Nuhiu got subbed you were disappointed??

Just now, the monk said:

So are you saying when Nuhiu got subbed you were disappointed??

Surprised. Monk likes a big lad up top, and we ended up with Winnall, Murphy and Harris against Land of the Giants. Compounded by the fact Fletcher wasn’t on the pitch either. 

Well Luongo was as good as anybody for us, not hard I know , and Hutch did nothing to improve us when he came on.

I thought this change, which was forced on Monk, was one of the reasons we ended up deep.

At least Luongo can carry the ball and get forward with it whereas Hutch played too deep.

35 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

We simply do not have the players to cope with pressure the evidence this season is there to show it ...I mean to concede one goal in stoppage time is bad enough but to let two goals in was just unthinkable.

Ive been saying exactly the same on OT for ages. This is the main issue that needs resolving - our inability to see games out! We have conceded 11 points in the last 3 minutes of games this season. I’ve looked at the Baggies and Leeds results and we would be top by 2 points if the games had finished on 86 mins. 

There are lots of positives to draw on but this issue needs resolving and we must try and offload Rhodes, Winnall, FF, Dave in January. We may be lucky and get shut of 2, but Monk must be allowed to bring in his own men up top. We are too reliant on Fletch.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Surprised. Monk likes a big lad up top, and we ended up with Winnall, Murphy and Harris against Land of the Giants. Compounded by the fact Fletcher wasn’t on the pitch either. 

Here's a thought , why not play it on the ground whilst playing against giants ?

IMO it wouldn't have made one iota of difference if Dave had stayed on as he is totally carp in the air and had proved it all game 

We looked far more mobile the moment he was taken off 

44 minutes ago, the monk said:

Here's a thought , why not play it on the ground whilst playing against giants ?

IMO it wouldn't have made one iota of difference if Dave had stayed on as he is totally carp in the air and had proved it all game 

We looked far more mobile the moment he was taken off 

You could argue we did try and play it on the ground and we lost 3-2. 

Not sure I understand this thread.

We were losing 1-0 until Monk made the substitutions and got back to lead 2-1. We were crap all game but somehow got in front .

Problem was we scored our second too early.

Is the suggestion that we should have left Nuhiu on and played to lose 1-0

6 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Not sure I understand this thread.

We were losing 1-0 until Monk made the substitutions and got back to lead 2-1. We were crap all game but somehow got in front .

Problem was we scored our second too early.

Is the suggestion that we should have left Nuhiu on and played to lose 1-0

just cant believe vulva is wondering why nuhiu was taken off. we were losing 1-0 to bottom club were been totally outclassed should have been 4-0 down at that point we didn't have a single shot on target upto him going off ,he did nothing all game and our only tactic were bang it high into air and hope he wins it which he didn't ,he came off and 7 mins later we were 2-1 up. he is the worst striker ive ever seen ,when I know he is starting I feel like not bothering , I get if we are winning he sometimes is useful coming on with 10-15 mins to go but that's it. 

Excuse me for asking, but most of this post seems to be a criticism of Nuhiu.. Whilst not making any excuses for him, didn't we score 2 goals, and let in 3?  Was Nuhiu playing centre half? It seems to me that, scoring 2 away from home, then allowing them to score twice in injury time to win the game indicates faults in defence not attack.

Having just watched the highlights, the surprising thing is that our MOM according to vote was our Goalkeeper.  In the highlights alone, I noticed at least 4 saves from Dawson. Let's face facts. We lost because our central defence was not good enough.