Tactical cockup

1 minute ago, cowl said:

You did in the line I quoted.

No I didn’t.

That would have said Iorfa and Palmer should have both been subbed 

I said they both shouldn’t have completed 90 minutes. 

Meaning, at least one of them should have been subbed so they didn’t both complete 90 minutes.

That’s what you get when you don’t turn up for 60 minutes.

They won the battles and then game.

If I was Stokey I would be heartened by that performance...possibly the most threatening and hard working side On today’s showing.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, erowl said:

Stoke were at it from minute one.

We couldn't match their energy and they deserved the win.

Iorfa and Palmer were all over the place .... Only time Iorfa won a header was in injury time when he headed it to their player to score.

The front 2 need outing ... Both dreadful

Agree with this

BUT 

Others in and around the play offs all had poor results today.

We go again at the weekend and im sure if we beat cardiff this game will be nothing more than another one on the list of 'What ifs'

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Agree with this

BUT 

We go again at the weekend and im sure if we beat cardiff this game will be nothing more than another one on the list of 'What ifs'

Thing is, those what if’s have cost us about 12 points so far, so imagine how much more comfortable we would have been. Our own worst enemies by playing so deep and inviting pressure.

38 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Iorfa should have been taken out of the firing line in the first half

Changes should have been made at half time but only got made after the lucky penalty decision.

Iorfa and Palmer should never have completed 90 minutes

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No I didn’t.

That would have said Iorfa and Palmer should have both been subbed 

I said they both shouldn’t have completed 90 minutes. 

Meaning, at least one of them should have been subbed so they didn’t both complete 90 minutes.

What you wrote and what you intended might be logically consistent, but I suspect most people would take the primary reading to be as I've taken it.

At the very least, there are much clearer ways of writing what you intended to say, a point very much emphasized by your crucial use of the word ‘both’ in your own explanation of your meaning; a word absent in what you originally wrote.

14 minutes ago, cowl said:

What you wrote and what you intended might be logically consistent, but I suspect most people would take the primary reading to be as I've taken it.

At the very least, there are much clearer ways of writing what you intended to say, a point very much emphasized by your crucial use of the word ‘both’ in your own explanation of your meaning; a word absent in what you originally wrote.

Ironic that you note the word ‘both’ to be missing from the original post...

Think you’ve just scuppered your own argument there.

Sorry old chum.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

It was hard to work out who was 3rd and who was bottom.

We cannot hang on when the kitchen sink is being thrown.

Sums it up.  This league is there for the taking.  So many average teams this year.

When we make such a dog’s breakfast of ‘banana skin’ fixtures like today, it shows that you don’t need to be anything special to get into the playoffs this season.

29 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Ironic that you note the word ‘both’ to be missing from the original post...

Think you’ve just scuppered your own argument there.

Sorry old chum.

You know that what you originally wrote was unclear.

I'm not even the only one who seems to have interpreted it the way I have since another poster also seemed to react to the post as though you were saying both Palmer and Iorfa should have been subbed.

Just acknowledge it was unclear and leave it.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

You know that what you originally wrote was unclear.

I'm not even the only one who seems to have interpreted it the way I have since another poster also seemed to react to the post as though you were saying both Palmer and Iorfa should have been subbed.

Just acknowledge it was unclear and leave it.

Think you need to get out a little more...

Or at least stop trying to prove I said both should be subbed by the fact that I didn’t say ‘both’

Cos that’s just weird.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Biggest side in the league. 

Lets take our biggest player off. 

At what point were long balls to Nuhiu & Rhodes working?...it would have been stupid and ignorant to keep trying the same thing.

Monk made the right move to change it up, we scored both our goals after Nuhiu came off and played slightly better the last 25 minutes than we had for the rest of the game.

I get that this is a Wednesday forum and that we're dissecting a Wednesday defeat but I don't think Stoke are getting enough credit in this thread. No way do they play like that every game, otherwise they wouldn't be down there. Of course we underperformed but Stoke also upped their game, they barely gave us a moment, they hunted the ball down in packs and we found it very difficult to bypass.

At the time it had an air of Blackburn away about it, we just weren't at it collectively or individually but we were also outfought and outplayed. They got their tactics spot on (if they hadn't it would have been their second home game in succession to be described as the most boring game ever). 

Lets give some credit to Stoke.

14 hours ago, vulva said:

Biggest side in the league. 

Lets take our biggest player off. 

did you go? while the so called big player was on(nuhiu) they were murdering us , iorfa 6ft6 giant had a nightmare lees had a nightmare so these big players didn't exactly work did they? yes if we had someone decent up front like fletcher that would have helped ,sitting back like we did when we had players who could have exploited the space when stoke pushed forward murphy,harris,reach,winnall . the difference was they looked like man city(even though there bottom) and we looked like the team at the bottom they (stoke were far more hungry than us ,hunted in packs ,had a lot more quality in there final ball and controlled the game , our tactics were just lump it up every time aimlessly to nuhiu ,we were fouling all game as we couldn't cope with them(yes some of there players dive and ref gave a few too many),Rhodes was a passenger up front too . ive never been to a game before where we were so outclassed (even though they were bottom) it was the most embarrassing display ive ever seen , thank god for dawson made at least 6 point blank saves ,with better finishing it could have been 10. that's an honest opinion of the game .if you went and have a different opinion then your beer must have tasted nice and you must have enjoyed the after effects. 

13 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Agree with this

BUT 

if fletcher is back yes we have a chance ,nuhiu and Rhodes start and  Cardiff will be rubbing there hands there big defenders will have the easiest game of there season , don't tell them though its a secret