Tactical cockup

Got what we deserved from a very poor performance - possibly the worst all season and without Dawson and a penalty denial we would have lost by more.

Sitting too deep when we are winning never works but we somehow keep doing it and somehow expect a different outcome.

Very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, erowl said:

Stoke were at it from minute one.

We couldn't match their energy and they deserved the win.

Iorfa and Palmer were all over the place .... Only time Iorfa won a header was in injury time when he headed it to their player to score.

The front 2 need outing ... Both dreadful

About sums it up,Stoke were ugly...we were uglier ! 

18 minutes ago, vulva said:

Biggest side in the league. 

Lets take our biggest player off. 

Nuhiu was awful and we only looked like getting far enough up the pitch to win corners once our immobile starting front two had gone off.

We got what we deserved over the course of the game but the way we have thrown points away is getting more and more frustrating.  

The game was lost in defence.

Iorfa and Palmer were rank awful throughout and should never have both completed 90 mins.

I knew as soon as I saw Palmer completely scuff a routine clearance in the 90th minute that it would only end one way.

Didnt expect the Iorfa assist to give them the winner though

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The game was lost in defence.

Iorfa and Palmer were rank awful throughout and should never have both completed 90 mins.

I knew as soon as I saw Palmer completely scuff a routine clearance in the 90th minute that it would only end one way.

Didnt expect the Iorfa assist to give them the winner though

What on earth was he doing heading it down for their player, I thought I’d imagined seeing that, why was his heading position facing our goal? 

For how amazing he’s been I’m shocked how poor he played, I’d give him a 0 

When teams come at us towards the end of games we need a strategy. Sitting back inviting pressure and doing an impersonation of headless chickens is just not working. That is 3 points thrown away today.

We were under the cosh and losing, we started to play our game and took the lead. Then we went into panic mode. Just keep playing footbal.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

What on earth was he doing heading it down for their player, I thought I’d imagined seeing that, why was his heading position facing our goal? 

For how amazing he’s been I’m shocked how poor he played, I’d give him a 0 

It was consistent with the rest of his game. He mistimed EVERYTHING.

I got negged in the match day thread for saying after 25 mins that he should be taken off for Börner (and Rhodes for Winnall)

Him and Palmer turned in 1 out of 10 performances today. The 1 point is for lacing up their boots.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1