Big gate on Sunday

25 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

In going couldn't give a shiiiite about any thats not

I will be going too because im lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket, but i happen to think that non ST holders, POTD supporters are as important as us who can afford an ST. Our POTG supporters are utterly ripped off ,and i dont blame them for refusing to pay those prices. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I will be going too because im lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket, but i happen to think that non ST holders, POTD supporters are as important as us who can afford an ST. Our POTG supporters are utterly ripped off ,and i dont blame them for refusing to pay those prices. 

Surely some of the Pots would have got money as a present this Christmas? No excuse this week.....minted!

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Season ticket holders are far more important to the club, pretty silly to state otherwise. Its the one thing DC has got right. 

His logic is correct his implication of the logic is way off however. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, SiJ said:

DC couldn't afford the ticket prices, so he bought the ground instead.

Chansirinomics :Chansiri:

Couldn’t afford the ground either by the looks of things!

Guest Kameron
45 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Couldn’t afford the ground either by the looks of things!

Exactly why he’s been charged, shown the full amount in the accounts yet is paying in 7.5 million instalments.  

31 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Exactly why he’s been charged, shown the full amount in the accounts yet is paying in 7.5 million instalments.  

Which means jackshit if you actually understand accounts 

Guest Kameron
44 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Your correct I understand very little about accounts.  However it has been explained very simply to me, the EFL will not accept deferred payments for P&S purposes, we’re fooked it’s a case of when not if.  

51 minutes ago, mkowl said:

From someone whose more grounded than most on this issue, what's your take on latest state of play. Do you think we've a realistic get out or do you think sooner or later we'll be shafted.?..Cheers. 

16 minutes ago, gizowl said:

From someone whose more grounded than most on this issue, what's your take on latest state of play. Do you think we've a realistic get out or do you think sooner or later we'll be shafted.?..Cheers. 

‘I’m getting the word...’

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Your correct I understand very little about accounts.  However it has been explained very simply to me, the EFL will not accept deferred payments for P&S purposes, we’re fooked it’s a case of when not if.  

Yes they will. Standard accounting in the same way as when transfer fees are received in instalments. This is just a different way of DC putting in the funds he normally does - pays of this debt rather than increasing his loan account

1 hour ago, Bedford Owl said:

Just called to move my tickets from the North to the South so I can take the little one. Women on the phone said she thought South will sell out. Very limited availability according to her. 

But the North will only be 60% full with another empty seat... may move mi sen for some atmosphere 

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes they will. Standard accounting in the same way as when transfer fees are received in instalments. This is just a different way of DC putting in the funds he normally does - pays of this debt rather than increasing his loan account

So. If we sell a player for £10m (funny haha) in January, but it’s paid in instalments, how does that show in the accounts for 2019/20? £10m received or just the down payment?

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

So. If we sell a player for £10m (funny haha) in January, but it’s paid in instalments, how does that show in the accounts for 2019/20? £10m received or just the down payment?

Always ignore the cash received  when it comes to accounts. The full 10m would be shown as revenue, net of the value currently shown in the accounts for the player sold. 

Just now, mkowl said:

Always ignore the cash received  when it comes to accounts. The full 10m would be shown as revenue, net of the value currently shown in the accounts for the player sold. 

So in theory, forgetting for a moment the timings, the way DC has sold the ground in instalments is ok?