Stoke - V - Wednesday (Boxing Day) OMDT

We absolutely got what we deserved today and its in no way an excuse or mitigation but we 'lost the physical battle' yet conceded far more free kicks than them. It was a very funny refereeing performance, he seemed to give them every little niggly free kick and gave us nothing, I think the corner from which they scored the winner came after a challenge on one of ours that was being given 9/10 the other way.

Having said that he didn't give them a stonewaller...!

Guest Ferkorf

West brom, Swansea, Bristol, Fulham and currently leeds have all lost or drawn today.

Get over it and look forward to a cheeky 6 points at Hillsborough coming up.

No good coming on here moaning and arguing with each other, that should be saved for the special group full of special people on facebook called the wednesday sing.

I think what today also showed is that Wednesday have got to be at it, particularly away from home. 

I don't think we are good enough to go away in this division, put in a meh performance and escape with the three points. 

We were hopeless today and got exactly what we deserved. 

Too many players had off days,two through balls where the player never moved,Luongo headed on to Harris who stood still,and Palmer played in reach behind,who likewise didnt move about 10 minutes after.

For some reason Nuhiu and Rhodes just doesnt work,Winnall seems the better partner for Adthe.

Edited by legendaryswan

30 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Too many players had off days,two through balls where the player never moved,Luongo headed on to Harris who stood still,and Palmer played in reach behind,who likewise didnt move about 10 minutes after.

For some reason Nuhiu and Rhodes just doesnt work,Winnall seems the better partner for Adthe.

Nuhiu should be an impact player, someone to bring on to see out the game.

Rhodes is a League One standard player these days.

No surprise to me that Monk’s team selection backfired if that’s the front two.  The manager should have seen that from the Bristol performance.

There’s no “for some reason” about it.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I think what today also showed is that Wednesday have got to be at it, particularly away from home. 

I don't think we are good enough to go away in this division, put in a meh performance and escape with the three points. 

We were hopeless today and got exactly what we deserved. 

We have always played better (generally) when either; threatened with humiliation, playing as underdogs or when we get on the front foot from the start. We seem to thrive on that nervous energy.

Thing is, the first 2 determine themselves but the last option is the one I can’t figure out....,