Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

They're talking about doing back to backs in Austria and Silverstone I read. Not sure how I feel about it.  Feels like whoever does well in the first race will just do the same in the second.  Unless there's a significant weather difference from week one to two it will be just plug and play for the second race.

Yeh I though that. Maybe reverse the grid for the second race 

 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Yeh I though that. Maybe reverse the grid for the second race 

 

lol

 

If they were really wanting to get the races jammed in they'd be better having practices on Thursday, qualifying on Friday then races on Sat & Sun.  We don't see too many catastrophic crashes these days that write off a chassis so it should be doable.  It would also ease pressure on the calendar and the teams.  You could use the result of race 1 to determine the grid (reverse, reverse top 10, straight qualifying, whatever) for race 2.


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

 

If they were really wanting to get the races jammed in they'd be better having practices on Thursday, qualifying on Friday then races on Sat & Sun.  We don't see too many catastrophic crashes these days that write off a chassis so it should be doable.  It would also ease pressure on the calendar and the teams.  You could use the result of race 1 to determine the grid (reverse, reverse top 10, straight qualifying, whatever) for race 2.

Well as the season hasn’t started, I guess they could change the format somewhat. 
 

in superbikes the grid for the second race is determined by fastest lap times in the first

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Well as the season hasn’t started, I guess they could change the format somewhat. 
 

in superbikes the grid for the second race is determined by fastest lap times in the first

 

Only problem is you'd need agreement with all the teams and you know what that's like in F1.


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

 

Only problem is you'd need agreement with all the teams and you know what that's like in F1.

Yep. Tbh it was an example, but maybe they’ve already discussed some changes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Yep. Tbh it was an example, but maybe they’ve already discussed some changes 

 

Oh yeah there are plenty of innovative ways to make it work.  I just think that F1 is so stubborn and has so much inertia within the teams that they can never agree on rule changes.  Especially not at the drop of a hat.  Either Ferrari will veto it because it doesn't help them or they'll suggest something that only helps them and nobody else will back it.  You can't even get consensus because all the midfield teams are allied to either RBR, Marc or Ferrari.


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

They're talking about doing back to backs in Austria and Silverstone I read. Not sure how I feel about it.  Feels like whoever does well in the first race will just do the same in the second.  Unless there's a significant weather difference from week one to two it will be just plug and play for the second race.

 

That just feels like a description of F1 tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

 

If they were really wanting to get the races jammed in they'd be better having practices on Thursday, qualifying on Friday then races on Sat & Sun.  We don't see too many catastrophic crashes these days that write off a chassis so it should be doable.  It would also ease pressure on the calendar and the teams.  You could use the result of race 1 to determine the grid (reverse, reverse top 10, straight qualifying, whatever) for race 2.

Sure I read an article a few years ago that they were looking at a reverse grid but decided it would be carnage with the faster cars trying to get through the field as quick as they could and the slower drivers trying their best too block them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darra said:

Sure I read an article a few years ago that they were looking at a reverse grid but decided it would be carnage with the faster cars trying to get through the field as quick as they could and the slower drivers trying their best too block them.

So like me on the Xbox then?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vettel Is leaving Ferrari, don't think it'll be Hamilton. I hope it's Ricciardo but will probably be 2nd driver to Leclerc so I don't think he would go as that's why he left Red Bull.

Perhaps Hulkenberg to come back to be a 2nd driver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flo said:

Vettel Is leaving Ferrari, don't think it'll be Hamilton. I hope it's Ricciardo but will probably be 2nd driver to Leclerc so I don't think he would go as that's why he left Red Bull.

Perhaps Hulkenberg to come back to be a 2nd driver. 

Yes interesting development. I’m sure Vettel will have already spoken to another team, but who?

 

Hamilton to Ferrari would be interesting 

 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sainz to Ferrari with Alonso going back to McLaren? Has he said he'd not go back? 

 

Vettel will go and do something else. Maybe he'll rock up on the ovals for a couple of years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Vettel walking away from F1.  He's got nothing left to prove.  He's got a young family.  There's been times over the last couple of seasons I've questioned his will.  Ferrari seems pretty toxic for a good while now and drivers and team principles seem to just end up in the revolving door.

 

I can see someone like Giovinazzi going there as a rear gunner for Le Clerc.  He's a genuine contender and Ferrari will want to put their eggs in his basket, not worry about taking points off each other.


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sainz and LeClerc sounds like a really promising team for Ferrari 

 

I'm with Flo in wishing it was Danny Ric i'd love him back in a really competitive car i also think that he's one of the very few Drivers on the Grid that can drive around a cars problems and doesn't need every thing to be perfect to be competitive 

Hopefully if McLaren continue to improve then DR will be at the sharp end again should he end up there 

Edited by Lawrie Madden
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sam779 said:


They mentioned this as an idea on the Monday’s F1 Show. Must have legs unless it’s taken on from there.

 

Shame to split the Carlos and Lando bromance up.

 

Are you kidding, Danny Ric and Lando will be the greatest bromance in history!

Edited by mattitheowl

Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

 

Are you kidding, Danny Ric and Lando will be the greatest bromance in history!


Age gap will make that weirder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...