Alternative player of the decade.

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Chris Lines, Ryan Lowe and Rob Jones. Came in, did a job, helped get us promoted and left without much fanfare (Lines did play a handful of games the next season).

Ryan Lowe had the best chant and chipped in with crucial goals, Lines was an assist machine (15 the season we went up) and Jones helped shore up a shaky defence.

Didn't realise that about Lines. Just thought he was in and out of the side and hardly contributed when he played. 

24 minutes ago, Nut said:

Didn't realise that about Lines. Just thought he was in and out of the side and hardly contributed when he played. 

Hope you’re kidding? I’m sure he played every game...or at least almost did? 

We were a machine from set pieces that promotion season and Lines took them mostly.

Very much the unsung hero of that season.

Edited by FlyingOwl

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Hope you’re kidding? I’m sure he played every game...or at least almost did? 

We were a machine from set pieces that promotion season and Lines took them mostly.

Very much the unsung hero of that season.

No I'm not mate, that's how I  remember (or dont remember) him. Obviously unsung from my point of view! I need to stop drinking.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nut said:

No I'm not mate, that's how I  remember (or dont remember) him. Obviously unsung from my point of view! I need to stop drinking.

Didn’t score many. And that was our weakness as a team that year. That we lacked goals scored from central midfield, considering Lines’ midfield partner was Semedo. 

But he did score in THAT Carlisle game. Again, overshadowed by Antonio’s late winner. 

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Didn’t score many. And that was our weakness as a team that year. That we lacked goals scored from central midfield, considering Lines’ midfield partner was Semedo. 

But he did score in THAT Carlisle game. Again, overshadowed by Antonio’s late winner. 

Wow. Dont remember that either!