January sales

8 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

So who do we think we should sell, let go for me I think Westwoods time is up based on his age ff needs moving on done nothing for ages, I'd keep Rhodes but if we get a good other he should go those 3 out would save around 80k a week in wages I'd also sell v. Aken, pelupessy maybe winnall loan out few of the young ones gives us scope to bring a few in? 

Think you’re pretty much bang on! 

Happy to let Monk wheel and deal as he sees fit, or is able to. 

A creative midfielder/winger and striker are priorities 

I’d be tempted to send Murphy back, let Pelupessy join a Dutch side, and sell/swap Winnall and Rhodes if the opportunities arrived. Otherwise we need as big a squad as we can to get through what might be a promotion challenge

On 24/12/2019 at 11:35, jonnyowl said:

Can only sell players if someone is willing to buy them.

Think Winnall will go and possibly Wildsmith but only on loan.

that's the enormous elephant in the room that everyone seems to ignore.

it's not a case of finding a club to take such as westwood, rhodes, winnall and co. it's whose going to match their wage demands?

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

that's the enormous elephant in the room that everyone seems to ignore.

it's not a case of finding a club to take such as westwood, rhodes, winnall and co. it's whose going to match their wage demands?

It’s amazing that 6 months ago this site was full of must keep Westwood.

I was probably guilty of that.  If the money is as tight as suspected then moving out Rhodes and Westwood is a must.

Such a shame that Chansiri’s naivety could end up costing him his dream, when we are look like are real contenders.

The Wednesday way.

21 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

In which case they'll probably cash in but there are several clubs interested in him. Depends on price but not overly fussed as I'm not convinced about him as a character. Appeared argumentative and angry in a recent televised match. Apparently a hardworking player, however.

To be fair we could probably do with a few sh*ts in the team and Monk may feel we need some more players with an attitude.  

20 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

We are very different. 

I'd be miffed if we lost any of Dawson, Iorfa, Borner, Lees, Bannan, Harris, Reach, Luongo, Hutch and Fletcher. 

Indeed, that lot have shown they are a top 6 team in quality. It’s a consistent second striker and creative midfielder we are missing. 

1 hour ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Amazing suggestions just one snag.....teams need to want these players to take them off our hands.....not seen anyone queuing up for them....

Go to the ground now mate, you’ll see em queuing up outside the main entrance, it’s a Christmas miracle 

3 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It’s amazing that 6 months ago this site was full of must keep Westwood.

I was probably guilty of that.  If the money is as tight as suspected then moving out Rhodes and Westwood is a must.

Such a shame that Chansiri’s naivety could end up costing him his dream, when we are look like are real contenders.

The Wednesday way.

westwood has gone downhill over the last 12 months or so, it's now showing more, so  (I don't know his wages) but IF other clubs have noticed his fall off in performance what is his worth to them?

on the other hand to play 'devil's advocate' is he after a move? 

he's still as good a shot stopper as you can see in this division, but he'd making some calamitous decisions of rushing out and downing someone in the area, picking up an injury in the pre game knock about if we're playing someone of merit isn't new to us, is it?

rhodes may have done us a favour towards him leaving scoring 3 at florest, up till that point it was hard to see anyone stepping forward.

in all honesty (we're looking at getting young stars from the prem. to fill these places, how many more clubs are going to do the same?) we may struggle to move nearly anyone on.

bannan will have suitors, ff may, but less than 3 or 4 years ago.

Hard one to call this year, I usually advocate that no one is irreplaceable and that if we get the right sort of offer for players then take it and reinvest.

This year there seems to be a real togetherness amongst the squad and we have a realistic chance of the plays offs and a fair shout of the top 2 on current form (subject to EFL).

Big call for Monk.

• Like 1

Let’s be realistic the entire team is up for sale at the right price. It’s weather someone will pay it. 

Contracts need sorting to prevent us losing money. Dawson Forestieri Wildsmith Hutchinson Fletcher. Fox if we can’t get a few in Jan. 

Loans out will be a big part, need to get as many of the younger/fringe players out and playing proper football, don’t ask

for wages or fees in the youngsters cases just get them playing.

Then..... if we’re allowed to buy, GO FOR IT. Best chance of going up we’re gonna get points deduction proviso 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Let’s be realistic the entire team is up for sale at the right price. It’s weather someone will pay it. 

Contracts need sorting to prevent us losing money. Dawson Forestieri Wildsmith Hutchinson Fletcher. Fox if we can’t get a few in Jan. 

Loans out will be a big part, need to get as many of the younger/fringe players out and playing proper football, don’t ask

for wages or fees in the youngsters cases just get them playing.

Then..... if we’re allowed to buy, GO FOR IT. Best chance of going up we’re gonna get points deduction proviso 

I'd only call the highlighted bit into question because of Chansiri's M.O.  He doesn't like selling players.

We do have an awful lot out of contract at the end of the season though, and i'm almost half convinced some on the periphery may be gone, i'm thinking Kieran Lee for instance.

We don't know if Dawson wants to sign a new contract, we obviously hope he will.    

Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Nuhiu all have contracts up, you'd think we aren't renewing all of those regardless, I think someone will come in for a bargain buy for FF, and someone with a cheeky offer for Fletcher which will probably be turned down due to his performances so far - same with Nuhiu although I can see both leaving on a free in the summer.    I can see Barnsley giving us back the £500,000 we paid to get Winnall back in January, if not them then another team.

Pelupessy is up in the summer, I wonder if a smaller team like Rotherham came in for him in January if we'd let him go to free a place up in the squad for someone with a future with us?

Sam Hutchinson is also up in the summer, well i'm guessing if he is offered a new deal here he will take it.    I can't see us selling him in January with his performances on the pitch.   

Rhodes?   No clue.  

On 24/12/2019 at 13:36, torryowl said:

I think retaining someone on circa 20k a week coz the bloke who's better than him might learn summat from him is a  bit extravagant  .. .....

Every one keeps writing Westwood off then he keeps coming back and showing why he's the best keeper in the league.

focus your energies on the players adding nothing to the team costing us a lot more than Westwood does.

• Haha 1