January sales

A lot will depend on incomings If the rumours are to be believed, it appears we are after a couple of strikers, an alternative to Fletcher (Taylor, Clarke-Harris) and someone who can run in behind (Brewster, Adams, Fosu, Lubala) Not seen any other positions mentioned, although we could probably do with another midfielder 

So perhaps a couple of forwards to go out, Rhodes and Winnall are the ones suggested, although Forestieri might attract some interest. Other than that, there might be a loan for Wildsmith, and hopefully some of the U23s getting some experience elsewhere

Difficult decision to sell anyone who is close to the first team when we are competing so well at the top. We don't want to lose out because of lacking squad depth. Obviously if we can ship someone out and replace with better that's a different thing.

Really tricky with those players out of contract at the end of the year. Unless there is a fantastic offer for someone all we are likely to get is a small fee because of the time remaining on the contracts.

Personally I'd hold on to nearly all of the squad, go for promotion and pray we don't get a points deduction. Maybe a case of burying my head in the sand but the potential reward of promotion is so great as to be worth it.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

If good offers come in for Westwood and Bannan I'd accept them, purely because of their ages. Van Aken is one we need to get rid off asap, Stobbs and maybe Preston and Kirby too. Obviously we need to add a sell on fee to any we do manage to get rid of.

And who going to replace bannan

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

In today's market, considering his age, around 3.5 million. 

He’s worth far far more to us. Accepting 3.5m would be an insult to the player and the fans. He’s been pivotal this season and one of the best players we’ve had in a long time. Madness!

Guest Grez Bez
32 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

This thread is showing how fickle some of our fans are he scored at the weekend so people are disagreeing with me but when I said it at the start of the month and we were a bit iffy people agreed.

If you don't like Bannan you don't like football.

He's sublime

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

If good offers come in for Westwood and Bannan I'd accept them, purely because of their ages. Van Aken is one we need to get rid off asap, Stobbs and maybe Preston and Kirby too. Obviously we need to add a sell on fee to any we do manage to get rid of.

On what planet is Selling Bannan a good idea?

4 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Ahh the Mercurial Playmaker

The Engine in Midfield

That golden left boot

A Wizard in the art of Football

How much would Zidane be in the Modern transfer market?

owls v bristol city 17.jpeg

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A lot will depend on incomings If the rumours are to be believed, it appears we are after a couple of strikers, an alternative to Fletcher (Taylor, Clarke-Harris) and someone who can run in behind (Brewster, Adams, Fosu, Lubala) Not seen any other positions mentioned, although we could probably do with another midfielder 

So perhaps a couple of forwards to go out, Rhodes and Winnall are the ones suggested, although Forestieri might attract some interest. Other than that, there might be a loan for Wildsmith, and hopefully some of the U23s getting some experience elsewhere

Also linked with a couple more youngsters Jesurun Uchegbulam, who we earlier had on trial, and Jonah Ayunga, according to the non league paper

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

This thread is showing how fickle some of our fans are he scored at the weekend so people are disagreeing with me but when I said it at the start of the month and we were a bit iffy people agreed.

Or....it was different people (two by the looks of it) agreeing with you then.

Mind blown.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Also linked with a couple more youngsters Jesurun Uchegbulam, who we earlier had on trial, and Jonah Ayunga, according to the non league paper

Interesting that all those 6 players, or all 8 actually, are attacking players, and coincidently, all BAME players

Just now, stocksyuto said:

Taylor rejected a new contract with Charlton last week apparently. 

In which case they'll probably cash in but there are several clubs interested in him. Depends on price but not overly fussed as I'm not convinced about him as a character. Appeared argumentative and angry in a recent televised match. Apparently a hardworking player, however.

Guest Ferkorf
6 hours ago, Kameron said:

Glory hunter. That reappears as soon as we get to third in the second division.

Hardly call them glory hunters seen as we have had no glory