January sales

Guest Grez Bez

As much as I love some of them I think we need a clear out (I know we are 3rd)

Any of (not all at once)

Westwood, Rhodes, Winnall, Fessi, Odubajo, Nuhiu, Pelupessy, Van Allen, Baker, Stobbs

Send Bates back

Edited by Grez Bez

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Completely forgot about Bates. What a poor loan move for him. 

I’d be looking to offload Forestieri, Winnall, Rhodes, Van Aken if we have offers for them. 

He got injured early on in the season and that has allowed others to get in and cement their place. I think Monk will have a good look at him between now and the end of the season and see if he’s worth signing permanently (EFL permitting? :rolleyes:).

I would keep Murphy for the rest of the season as I still think he could have an impact?

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why would anyone want to sell Westwood what happens if Dawson picks up an injury that leaves us Wildsmith who has not played a first team game in 18 months or Jones who has not played in 3 years.

Lets keep Westwood where he is, try and loan out Wildsmith and push on and try and get promoted. if that does happen or the EFL scupper the plan then reassess in the summer, but there are other areas such as the strikers all out of contract in the summer that I would be focusing on rather than goal keepers.

next thing we will be selling Fletcher and Bannan because they are on big wages and the wrong side of 30 :bullen:

How many other teams in this league have a reserve keeper as one of the highest earners in the squad. Paying out tens of thousands every week to players that aren’t playing is exactly what got us into a mess with FFP

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

How many other teams in this league have a reserve keeper as one of the highest earners in the squad. Paying out tens of thousands every week to players that aren’t playing is exactly what got us into a mess with FFP

Agree, a Dawson injury would be unlucky, but we would have to deal with it. 

Cant keep chucking good money after bad. 

Wouldn’t be looking to move too many on in this window 

there’s the obvious ones that get nowhere near the starting line up 

but our first team players like bannan would be ludicrous to sell it would have to be a huge fee to get him out 

I don’t mind Listening  to offers for our expensive but part squad players forestieri for example but I’d doubt in an inflated January market we could reinvest that sensibly so I’d keep him 

for me we for the good of this squad sat in 3rd we need a striker, a winger, and a full back 

I’m very doubtful we can sell our fringes and bring these positions in so 

forestieri stays, maybe penny can give us that left back 

then there’s only a striker to bring In 

this makes winnal dispensable 

my guess is he will go on loan and then get released and we will loan a striker 

a decent offer for Fessi might get us a decent winger 

let’s not disrupt this squad when we are in our best position to get promoted that we have been at this stage since falling out of the premier league

that said - over to you EFL 

wait till after xmas as all those games close together means injuries usually . squad is massively smaller than what it was once its just we have a much fitter squad now.  we desperately need a striker but those cost big bucks even if just on loan . ideally a new left back as we are very short there, let bates go back as thornily can cover ,wildsmith needs to go at least on loan ,he is either injured or makes huge mistakes even for u23s , if Rhodes or winnall go they need replacing forestieri I doubt anyone would want to pay his 30-35k a week wages plus either a fee on top or loan fee he used to be my fav player but now he just takes the mick picking up a huge wage for doing nothing. 

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

No its not spending £4m on a defender to loan him to a second division Germany team, £10m on a striker that never plays is on £40,000 a week and scored his first goal for us in 18 months last week end, £3m on a winger that never plays (matias), £20,000 a week for a season for a player that played 37 minutes of football, the numerous squad fillers that never played a single first team game.

But lets blame Westwood a player that since he has been here has been one of our best most consistent players, some would say one of the greatest keepers we have had in the last 40 years in the blue and white, he has consistently been the best keeper in the league and is the reason that our defence is consistently one of the best in the league. 

Have you ever though the reason Dawson is getting better is because he is training with players of the calibre of Westwood every day. but the short sighted lot decide lets get rid what does he bring to the team.

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Agree, a Dawson injury would be unlucky, but we would have to deal with it. 

Cant keep chucking good money after bad. 

It not like we are wasting £100,000 a week on Rhodes, Forestieri and Winnall to never play is it. How many goals have they got between then this season.

Compared to free agent Westwood who has played 16 games with 4 clean sheets. 

I think it is pretty easy to see where all the millions have been wasted. Westwood is not the reason we have issues with P&S its 3 season of crap recruitment and too many players never playing such as Abdi, Jones, Rhodes, Forestieri. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’d do very little actually.

Foresteri can go and Westwood may as well go too. I prefer him to Dawson personally but if he’s not playing there’s no point him being here. However, if Dawson won’t sign a new contract I’d sell him instead.

Fox can go if we get a good price as he’s in the last year of his contract. Same for either Winnall or Rhodes but not both.

Then I’d loan in a striker (Che Evans, Brewster, Vydra) or buy one for cheap (Lyle Taylor). Then I’d bring in a left back on loan and leave it at that.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

If good offers come in for Westwood and Bannan I'd accept them, purely because of their ages. Van Aken is one we need to get rid off asap, Stobbs and maybe Preston and Kirby too. Obviously we need to add a sell on fee to any we do manage to get rid of.

Sell Bannan? WTF:

If we can bring in another striker, preferably a fast one, then along with Fletcher, Nuhiu and FF I’d be pretty happy with that for the remainder of the season. Rumours of Rhodes to Celtic and Winnall to Sunderland. If there’s anything in them, then I’d be happy with those two leaving to make way for a quicker centre forward. 

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It not like we are wasting £100,000 a week on Rhodes, Forestieri and Winnall to never play is it. How many goals have they got between then this season.

Compared to free agent Westwood who has played 16 games with 4 clean sheets. 

I think it is pretty easy to see where all the millions have been wasted. Westwood is not the reason we have issues with P&S its 3 season of crap recruitment and too many players never playing such as Abdi, Jones, Rhodes, Forestieri. 

No point paying someone a fortune if he's not playing. 

Simple. 

Same with the rest. 

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

As it stands we have a small chance of promotion. Selling bannan would eliminate this chance imo.

The ones we need to get rid of the ones that don’t contribute enough to the team compared to their wages.

FF - either leaves in January or the summer anyway. 

KW - one of the highest earners at the club. Can’t see anyone else matching his wages however, will probably run his contract out before becoming more involved with cheadle.

Van Aken - get rid if possible 

I forgot about FF to be honest, be surprised if anyone offers anything for him now though.

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you ever though the reason Dawson is getting better is because he is training with players of the calibre of Westwood every day. but the short sighted lot decide lets get rid what does he bring to the team.

I think retaining someone on circa 20k a week coz the bloke who's better than him might learn summat from him is a  bit extravagant  .. .....