Stoke Fans' View of Match

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
49 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

On paper they have some decent players for the championship. 

Bizarre move from Michael O'Neill to go there. Probably go the same way as Coleman at Sunderland.

Hope there right and we do roll them over comfortably. Its Wednesday so i can never be 100% confident. 

If MO’N flunks at Stoke, he’ll be very welcome to stay on with NI. For that reason, I hope we hammer the feckers!

34 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Agreed, but given that we have to play them away at some point this is as a good a time as any. They're clearly performing badly at the moment and we're getting  results. Sounds like it won't take much for their supporters to become seriously disenchanted if they start poorly. 

I agree mate.,..but Its Wednesday, and time after time , these are the games we balls up......The expected win, I'm not saying be frightened, but a win by any means, scruffy, boring ....owt

Concentrate and get the basics right...The rst should look after itself.

They have some good players on their day, bit of respect...but not too much

Normally I'd look at that and say Wednesday will mess things up again, but for some reason things are changing. We're getting pens nearly every game, we've stopped conceeding stupid goals. Teams are missing good chances against us. Leeds must be thinking here we go again, clear at the top and starting to choke.

Can't wait to watch Stoke v Wednesday.

Prediction

1-0 to Stoke

• Haha 3

must be mad to even consider going to watch that poo but the alternative is the Boxing Day sales so testicles to it Im in.

For what its worth :
1) Butland.... Last chance saloon
2) Smith... The lesser of two evils
3) Bruno.. poo me!!
4) Ryan.. Hope hes ok
5) Lindsay... Hes improved and Bathh is awful
6) Allen... You're caged
7) Clucas... You're caged
8) Powell... Behind the striker
9) Gregory... The rest are crap
10) McLean
11) Ince... Cause theres no one else

This lad doesn't seem to like anyone in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Is it me, but I never expect us to win. Guess it's just the Wednesday way.

Not just you. In 52 years I have never once "expected" us to win. There have been many games where we were expected to win, and even I have thought we ought to win, but even against Rushden and Diamonds I didn't expect us to win (and I was right, we didn't).

If there are 5 minutes to go we have to be 3-0 up or I'm squirming in my seat every time the opposition cross the halfway line.

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

So if the rumours are true about 21 points, and bare in mind Gary Rowett was once nailed on to be our manager (lump on), this game is between 2 teams on the same points and 2 points from safety. But if not then we can keep on trying to chase down L**** on their little perch in 2nd. Come on Wednesday. Tight match, 4-0 win. Brace from luongo and goal from Iorfa and Fletch. Come on Wednesday!!

Good post but why are Leeds on a small fish?

• Haha 1