Stoke Fans' View of Match

Comments to be found on a Stoke Fans' Forum

Wednesday stuck 4 past Forest in their last away game so can't see us getting anything in that one. Maybe a drab draw if we are lucky

We'll lose 1-0 after huffing and puffing the whole game.

Easiest 3 points of the season for Wednesday.

Under 18k would be my guess, and only because SWFC will bring a good few thousand.

With our left side potentially decimated by injury I can see a bit of a massacre here.

They'll probably be hoping Lindsey doesn't lose his place!!!

Reckon we've got a couple of dickings coming up against Sheff Wednesday and then Fulham. Got no confidence that we will get anything from these 2 games.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/292714/sheffield-game#ixzz68wcpnkjz

Let's hope their pessimism is well founded!

• Haha 4

So if the rumours are true about 21 points, and bare in mind Gary Rowett was once nailed on to be our manager (lump on), this game is between 2 teams on the same points and 2 points from safety. But if not then we can keep on trying to chase down L**** on their little perch in 2nd. Come on Wednesday. Tight match, 4-0 win. Brace from luongo and goal from Iorfa and Fletch. Come on Wednesday!!

No gimmes in the Championship. 

Busy period and we need to be right at it. 

The lads have had a great little run, but now is not the time to get complacent. 

Sure Monk will have us well prepared as ever. 

10 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

On paper they have some decent players for the championship. 

Bizarre move from Michael O'Neill to go there. Probably go the same way as Coleman at Sunderland.

Hope there right and we do roll them over comfortably. Its Wednesday so i can never be 100% confident. 

At least he’s been wise keeping his international job too.

Must be so depressing for Stoke fans. Money pouring out the club and players who should be decent clearly not giving a poo.

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Don't fall for the "woe is us" crap..Its a game in the Championship..and we ALL know what can happen

Agreed, but given that we have to play them away at some point this is as a good a time as any. They're clearly performing badly at the moment and we're getting  results. Sounds like it won't take much for their supporters to become seriously disenchanted if they start poorly. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

35 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

How on earth are they bottom with players like Allen, Butland, Clucas, Ince and Batth?

I was watching their game on TV the other day and was thinking I'd love to have him at Wednesday, he looked different class to most other players on the pitch.

Later on I was browsing through their forums to judge the fans' mood before our game and it seems they utterly detest him. I guess he hasn't been living up to their expectations, or maybe he's a bit of a tail off the pitch, I don't know, but he's clearly a decent player. It sounds like he recently made some gestures towards his own 'fans' during a game as well, that never goes down too well to be fair.

We have a great team spirit at the moment though, so if he is a bit of a trouble causer then I'd take back my desire to have him here. I don't know enough about his personality to judge.

• Like 1