Stoke - Luongo or Hutchinson?

16 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Luongo, you don’t necessarily have to have a defensive midfielder in the championship if you have two hard working players in that area of the pitch. As we showed at Forest last weekend 

This ^  Luongo and Bannan should have enough quality and energy to cope with stoke 

18 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Luongo offers abit more of a threat, he allows bannan to open up more and pull strings, when hutch plays we are good but bannan is quiet. Both of these players are needed for different games but I prefer luongo

Agree. However, away from home when you’d expect the opposition to be on you more, would a more defensive midfielder be a safer bet? 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Agree. However, away from home when you’d expect the opposition to be on you more, would a more defensive midfielder be a safer bet? 

Not against stoke who are just conceding goals for fun lately.  But yea monk could go that way 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Ironically, Hutch’s suspensions help him recover.

Only change at Stoke, if poss, is Fletch back in. Same back 4 that finished yesterday. 

Hmmmm not sure about the back 4. Personally I really don’t want to lose Iorfa at CB. He’s been immense there. Now if Fox is out that would mean Odebajo at RB which obvs many fans will have a hissy fit about. But that’s what I’d go with. 

Not sure about this suggestion (a bit off piste) but  what about iorfa, lees, boner and hutch as a back four or a 3 /1 ...? Hutch started as CB at chelsea but never seen as much action at swfc.. But absolute Mint on the sporadic occasions whenever ive seen him playing there... Time and composure, can play and pick a long accurate  ball out..... Beckenbuear esk stylie! 

Are stoke still a tall team (player wise).

If so I am fully expecting the back four that finished the last match.

And we will see the return of Hutchinson. Not going to want two player under 5"9 in the centre of midfield.

Edited by pazowl55

Bannan seems to play better alongside Luongo and as many posters have said gives us a certain dynamism and box to box that we don't have with Hutch sat in.

Luongo shirt to lose....

Dawson

Iorfa    Lees   Borner    Palms

Reach Luongo Bannan

Fletch     Harris

Rhodes