Stoke - Luongo or Hutchinson?

49 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Interested to get views on this.

Would you swap Luongo for Hutch?

Really tough call. Given the strength of our squad and the direction we are going, I think the incumbent in a winning team should keep the shirt if playing well. It’s tough on Hutch, but it gives the message to one and all....keep at the top of your game.

Never change a winning team . Loungo has played in the last two games, two wins. Its his shirt to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think he's a really canny signing.

The guy who oversees player stats for the Championship on FIFA thought Luongo was a really impressive signing for us when that went through. I'm inclined to agree after seeing him get up to speed now.

1 hour ago, damianb1 said:

Thought Loungo was virtually anonymous today, having said that he offers more offensively than hutch. I assume hutch is unfit or unwell otherwise why wasn't he at least on the bench in last 2 games instead of pelupessy?

Wow 

Hutch. Not even a question. Few games out will have done him the world of good. Rolls Royce of a footballer. Very harsh on Lees, but i’d also have Borner and Iorfa at centre half. 

Edited by vulva

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hutch. Not even a question. Few games out will have done him the world of good. Rolls Royce of a footballer. Very harsh on Lees, but i’d also have Borner and Iorfa at centre half. 

Totally disagree. Lees has been outstanding since he came back and Luongo has been impressive too. It’s harsh on Borner and Hutch as they have both done well this season but the two who are playing well in a winning team should keep the shirt.

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally disagree. Lees has been outstanding since he came back and Luongo has been impressive too. It’s harsh on Borner and Hutch as they have both done well this season but the two who are playing well in a winning team should keep the shirt.

Borner and Hutch are better than Lees and Luongo. Let’s not over complicate football. Pick your best side. Big lad up front was part of a winning side yesterday, but would you leave Fletcher out for Stoke? I wouldn’t. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, vulva said:

Borner and Hutch are better than Lees and Luongo. Let’s not over complicate football. Pick your best side. Big lad up front was part of a winning side yesterday, but would you leave Fletcher out for Stoke? I wouldn’t. 

Disagree again! Lees is better than Borner. Luongo and Hutch are slightly different players so difficult to judge who is ‘better’ but I think we play better as a team with Luongo rather than Hutch. When Sam plays we are too deep. As far as Fletcher goes, he’s different gravy so of course he comes back in but it’s not the same argument. There is very little to choose between Lees/Borner and Luongo/Hutch which is great for us.

Nice headache to have for a change. For me hutch has been solid this year (again), having his game of the season against Brentford. As someone mentioned earlier his work rate and commitment also plays a part in getting the crowd going. However, although I'd love hutch back in, it would be too harsh on luongo given we have been winning whilst he has been in the starting 11. So, keep the winning team and have hutch breathing down luongos neck to make him keep performing knowing a dip in performance and he's back on the bench. This is how it should be for every position. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morepork said:

Man, how perceptions can vary in footy......I actually thought Luongo had a decent game yesterday, must be difficult combating his natural urge to get forward and instead concentrate more on a holding role and letting Bazza dictate the play.

It seems to be an owlstalk meme, whoever is playing midfield alongside banan that isnt hutch, they're  usually  anonymous  

Not he was ok, or did alright,  was effective. 

Anonymous.