Corners

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, SettleForADraw said:

Isn’t it refreshing to see us trying new things? We seem to have a new routine every week and always look dangerous from them

I was thinking of posting something similar. 

Looks like we've been doing a lot of work in training on our corners. 

Now all we need is someone who can take a decent normal corner. Bannans have lacked any threat for a long time.

I wonder why Harris doesn't take them, he puts in decent crosses, you'd think he could do the same from a corner.

I'd even give Fox a try he puts a decent ball in. Mind you Pelupessy was a disaster at taking them.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Now all we need is someone who can take a decent normal corner. Bannans have lacked any threat for a long time.

I wonder why Harris doesn't take them, he puts in decent crosses, you'd think he could do the same from a corner.

I'd even give Fox a try he puts a decent ball in. Mind you Pelupessy was a disaster at taking them.

seen worse!

20 minutes ago, prowl said:

We’re literally talking about how we created from corners...

22 minutes ago, prowl said:

Really?? We literally created two clear chances today from Bannan corners...?

Bannan takes a good corner. The set piece routines are very rarely poor due to bannans corner or accuracy. The movement in an around the box is what creates space for players. 

It would help if we had other options though. More the merrier. The routine which Palmer is left free for a volley might be more productive with Bannan on the receiving end. 

6 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Bannan takes a good corner. The set piece routines are very rarely poor due to bannans corner or accuracy. The movement in an around the box is what creates space for players. 

It would help if we had other options though. More the merrier. The routine which Palmer is left free for a volley might be more productive with Bannan on the receiving end. 

I think he’d struggle to get there in time.

• Haha 3

Ok it just goes to show how we see different things in a game.

I think our corners are absolutely hopeless and no threat whatsoever.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong by some stats but I never get excited by us winning a corner. Today we had eight and I don't remember any of them being particularly dangerous?