Current Form !

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We have been getting more consistent as the season has gone on. 

I think we will get more points in the second leg of the season than we have in this. 

An auto spot is not out of the question.

Unless EFL rob us but looks like Chansiri counter measures may stall until after season ends... would take a hefty fine a la Wolves/ Bournemouth once we're 200m better off

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think we will get more points in the second leg of the season than we have in this. 

I'm not getting carried away yet. However we seem to have the ability to not get outplayed, not get beaten by more than 1 goal, create a few good  chances in every game, have a consistent side that is not that injury prone, have the most experience in the whole league, have a very settled defence etc. We have many positives as a side. We just need to keep grounded and focussed and to be honest we really do look focussed. So long to go but its exciting. I'm ignoring the inevitable EFL crushing blow. Just enjoy being 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

spilt milk and all that but considering the almost criminal late in the game squandering of points from winning positions 

are position is still amazing and could've / should've been challenging west brom 

Yep. I think if you could take one positive out of that, I'd say it would have been easy for heads to drop after some of those games where we literally shot ourselves in the foot. I've been quite critical of our perceived mental frailties but in fairness we've shown some good character. 

It's not just the form table, its the manner we've gone about each game. We've out performed the top clubs in this division. With a few astute signings in January, it could be a huge boost. The EFL case will cast a shadow but until we've actually been punished I will keep looking at the top of the table. Hoping Leeds continue to bottle it.

30 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We're 7 points down on an auto spot after these 23 games played.  Its a tough ask.

1 minute ago, Ian_D said:

We're 7 points down on an auto spot after these 23 games played.  Its a tough ask.

Yeah, it's a huge ask. 

I think the top two are going to be very, very hard to catch, but hey, this is the Championship, and you never know. 

A week in this division can make a huge difference. 

String two or three wins together and you can fly up the division. 

Just now, stocksyuto said:

Yes we are and Leeds next 5 games are hard, I cant see them winning all of them . Hopefully we are around 2 points when we play leeds

I wasn't really looking at Leeds or West Brom.  I was meaning that it is generally accepted that after 46 games if you get 92 points you get auto.

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, it's a huge ask. 

I think the top two are going to be very, very hard to catch, but hey, this is the Championship, and you never know. 

Don’t forget to factor in Leeds’ traditional (contractual?) April bottle job - their predicted points total for any given season should always be based on them finishing a month before everyone else

lol

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, it's a huge ask. 

Don't forget Leeds will have their usual wobble and finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th and lose in the play offs.

Top 2 is very much all to play for and not just for us.