Hunt

42 minutes ago, darra said:

First of all what was his hair all about? Second Bit disappointed that when he was subbed to warm applause from the Wednesday fans commented on by the Sky team he didn't acknowledge it at all. Can understand that he was disappointed at being subbed but wouldn't have hurt him to applaud the fans.

Very poor behaviour. 20,000 fans from a club you don't play for applauding you and you ignore them.   Very sporting.

22 minutes ago, darra said:

Not wound up just disappointed I suppose. Saw an interview with Dion Dublin a while ago when he mentioned one of his most memorable games was the one at Hillsborough when all 4 sides stood to applaud him in his retirement season.

Probably because that’s was his last ever game as a pro footballer. That would be an emotional moment when both fans clap you off. 

Hunt will probably play at Hillsborough again in his career.

Guest LittleG
47 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As a defender, I never rated him - often out of position and seems unable to stop crosses coming in. 

Easy to say it today, but Palmer is a much better all round player. 

Playing devils advocate, people were saying the same things about Palmer plus his reluctance to track back. Just a few games ago Palmer was struggling in games, not looking the part and receiving criticism on here. To be honest he looks far better at left back than right back.

To be fair in his first season with us, I thought him and Wallace looked a decent combination down the right hand side, seemed to have a good understanding of eachother. However there was many occasions when defensively he looked very suspect, as some others have said I think hes more suited to a wing back role and not actual fullback. Think today when he lost possession twice in the space of 5 minutes summed his game up. I still have nightmares of when he got megged by Brookes in "that" game.

God only knows why we applauded . Like I said at the game ‘ we really are too nice as a fan base’ always remember our fans clapping Tudgay at city ground when he scored wtf ... couldn’t care less about any player when they leave, especially bang average ones like hunt . 

for the record he was awful today 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As a defender, I never rated him - often out of position and seems unable to stop crosses coming in. 

Easy to say it today, but Palmer is a much better all round player. 

Very over rated in his time here 

Quick and athletic but not much more 

Weird player. 

When we first signed him, he was pretty good going forward. Perhaps a bit hit and miss with his crossing, but he could beat a man and offered a good link up with Wallace. You could almost forego his defensive shortcomings, because he might offer something going forward. 

Over time, those attacking attributes seemed to be almost coached out of him. 

By the end he was neither really here nor there. 

Today was more of the same from him. Yes, he had a header cleared off the line, but he posed little threat going forward and was rinsed by Harris and bulled by the Big Man. 

We seemed to target him as a weak link.