'The penalty is an absolute nonsense'

If you keep grappling with people in the box then eventually a penalty is going to be given. The manager is trying to deflect because his team has just lost 3 in a row and didn't have a shot on target all game. And to be fair, it seems to have worked because most of the comments on the match reports were about his criticism of the ref.

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Does barley in the box mean it was in the box? also after watching it from every angle I believe it was a penalty as apart from the bear hug there is contact with the the back of Nuhiu’s legs

I didn’t see any barley in the box. Or wheat for that matter. Never a penalty in a million years. It’s football not basket weaving.

On 22/12/2019 at 15:39, asteener1867 said:

The Ref had been giving fouls like that..all afternoon all over the pitch...Fouls are given for that EVERY afternoon ALL over the pitch.

The player gave the ref a decision to make when he didn't have to....Nuhiu was going nowhere ..It was stupid

never a pen...but whatever..

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

If you keep grappling with people in the box then eventually a penalty is going to be given. The manager is trying to deflect because his team has just lost 3 in a row and didn't have a shot on target all game. And to be fair, it seems to have worked because most of the comments on the match reports were about his criticism of the ref.

was never a pen..ridiculous

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Strangely this ref seems to like a late iffy pen.

He gave WBA one at Preston in injury time not long back, if there is such a thing as an iffy pen against Preston, and it was him who gave the one against Westwood also for WBA .

He hasn't done this obviously, but it shows how easy it would be for a ref to influence the outcome of a game for his own ends. Bet on one team and if the opportunity arises give or ignore the pen etc. I'm amazed it hasn't come out that this has happened to be honest. Refs are poorly paid compared to players and managers. They're hated by thousands every week and face constant criticism. It wouldn't take a great deal for one to decide he was going to have a bit back. 

For me, football needs to look at the officials in the game. It needs to be a national network of refs and assistants. Pay them a decent wage, make it a job that someone would want. Introduce a process where decisions are explained. Improve their performance by training and professional development. Get them fit enough to keep up and let them earn some respect. 

VAR is a problem at the moment as they don't want to undermine the refs. Bring it all together as a team and no undermining is needed, just get decisions right in the end, but quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

never a pen...but whatever..

10 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

was never a pen..ridiculous

I know Nuhiu won it which  has probably caused you a brain wibble Branders .But it was a penalty.

It was awarded and it was scored!

image.png.4602303e85302143eb377542804f94d0.png

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Look, I didn’t see a penalty in all 3 shouts  in the game to be fair but Bristol City got what they deserved with a negative set up and being outplayed for most of the game. 

I was surprised to get it but having seen it again he brings Atdhe down. It's a foul all day long, just happened to be in the box. About time we got a soft one. 

44 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Strangely this ref seems to like a late iffy pen.

He gave WBA one at Preston in injury time not long back, if there is such a thing as an iffy pen against Preston, and it was him who gave the one against Westwood also for WBA .

Apologies

Just checked , he was the referee when we played WBA , but not for the PNE v WBA game. 

17 hours ago, wexowl said:

Happy Christmas to you and all . How can you see out through all that rain.? Straw hat at the ready?:biggrin:

Nollaig shona duit Wexford.15 degrees sitting on the pier head today buddy. I'll get over and share a pint with ya one of these days dude.