'The penalty is an absolute nonsense'

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Exactly, Bristol went abit heavy with challenges all game, 2 incidents the ref had a word with them instead of a card, this pic being 1 of them. The pen was the final straw he had to give something.

Sammy on the commentary said the ref won't book him . he never books the captain. How right he was

Easy for Johnson to turn everyone head away from a poor performance and make a real about the referee. Carlos use to do this often. 

It probably is a very soft penalty, no doubt. Had that been given against us we wouldn’t be happy. However following the penalty awarded against us V Derby, the Murphy incident against Hull and even the Flint star jumps I couldn’t care less if it’s a soft penalty, it’s about time we got something back and Id even go as far as saying it hasn’t “evened out yet”.

Williams body checking Rhodes as he clipped the ball past him, Rhodes being wrestled to the ground by two defenders, and Nuhiu's coming together with Rowe for the penalty. All clumsy challenges, all would have been a free kick elsewhere on the field, and all leave the referee with a decision to make.

How about not being clumsy and naive in your own penalty area and you wouldn't be on the wrong end of what you think is a soft decision?

And like others have said, seen penalties week in week out the last few years for similar to ours yesterday, so why is it a big deal and "controversial" when one goes in our favour?

Must admit, thought it was a nailed on pen and still do after seeing the replays.

Player grabbed Nuhiu in the box whilst he was running for the ball, why are they surprised? Could have another one against them on Rhodes, most blatant holding down a player. Think if Rhodes tried to make more effort (exaggerate) going for the ball he may have got it

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

It was never a penalty. Wasn’t a foul and was barely in the box. But, as someone else has said, makes up for the derby debacle a couple of weeks ago which ruined my evening. We deserved to win the match and I think Rhodes has a good penalty shout before that any way. Plus I don t care.

27 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

It was never a penalty. Wasn’t a foul and was barely in the box. But, as someone else has said, makes up for the derby debacle a couple of weeks ago which ruined my evening. We deserved to win the match and I think Rhodes has a good penalty shout before that any way. Plus I don t care.

Does barley in the box mean it was in the box? also after watching it from every angle I believe it was a penalty as apart from the bear hug there is contact with the the back of Nuhiu’s legs

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

Have to say I was amazed when the ref blew for a penalty - but we deserve a bit of luck.

Same here. It wasn’t a penalty - big Dave played for that one. But you know what, we deserve that bit of luck. Not being biased but the derby one wasn’t a penalty and on the balance of yesterday’s game, we definitely deserved to win. They didn’t engage in the game and clearly came for a draw. 

57 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Because Bristol City never get an dubious penalties in their favour do they except this season against Hull City, this is Jack Hunt going down like he has been shot.

To be fair that was definitely a pen

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Same here. It wasn’t a penalty - big Dave played for that one. But you know what, we deserve that bit of luck. Not being biased but the derby one wasn’t a penalty and on the balance of yesterday’s game, we definitely deserved to win. They didn’t engage in the game and clearly came for a draw. 

Yea he may have made a big deal of it but the ball had gotten away from them both there was no need to be putting your arms around a player, play with feathers get your arśe tickled