'The penalty is an absolute nonsense'

13 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

For me there was a far more obvious foul on Rhodes from behind in the 2nd half which warranted a penalty. The one we got is debateable but Iv,e seen softer ones given.

Like derby last week ... be nice if it evened out, were due a shed load of decisions from the last few seasons 

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Keith Andrews: "The defining moment is very controversial. I don't see it as a clear penalty. Nuhiu's clever as he puts on the brakes ever so slightly and Tommy Rowe shouldn't get as tight as it's risky.

Lee Johnson: "The penalty is an absolute nonsense. The referee has been sucked in. The linesman didn't give it and it's questionable whether it's even in the box. Everyone knows it is a poor decision. 

image.png.e3420bd073bf7652c8b828f48ec160cd.png

:ghoulguy:WTF::image:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

The one on Rhodes was more of a pen 

That was a clear shove in the back

Yes, seems like another one of those cumulative ones.. like the one we suffered vs Derby... yet another soft penalty given because Odubajo had been borderline all day. And last night, at last we were given one of those soft penalties too... we've certainly been on the receiving end of poo penalties against us, so it was nice to finally have some margins on our side.

Very nice to look at the league table these days; only WBA, Blackburn and us that got all greens and greys and no losses past 5 games. Deserved Christmas break for the boys to celebrate achieving 3rd spot and then gun on through festive period and see if we can close the gap to the two in front.

I'll even forget about EFL for a second and just be happy with where we are and how we perform these days.

First thing is it is great to be debating a penalty awarded, not conceded, makes a refreshing change, especially with Derby in such recent memory. I was as surprised as a surprised rat at a surprise Christmas rat party when the pen was given, was not expecting that, whereas I am usually screaming for one if I see anything remotely noteworthy.  From the North it looked like Atty just fell over just outside the box.  However, I have since watched the whole match back (I know but I  had time and was bored) on about 54 mins in the middle of the park Atty chased down one of their players and ran up behind him, their man fell over, foul to BC.  There was much more contact and intent in the penalty incident and so for consistency it was 100% a foul, was it in the box, yes! replays and photos show that it was, so in my book and in hindsight 100% penalty. Well done Ref, Merry Christmas. :biggrin:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Those two blatant elbows by their forward that went completely unpunished were "absolute nonsense" as well.

FLC_2019.Sheffield.Wednesday_vs.Bristol_City.221219_ESPN_720p.60fps.mkv_snapshot_00_48_32_809.thumb.jpg.fb89cd6e507e5cb42dba49a12b038250.jpg

Exactly, Bristol went abit heavy with challenges all game, 2 incidents the ref had a word with them instead of a card, this pic being 1 of them. The pen was the final straw he had to give something.

• Like 1